Boresha Coffee

berlin

Jan 2, 2008
california
Visit site
help....
my better half is buying for the last 2 month some coffee, which comes by mail.
a relative hooked her up. it's a drop shipment.
i been searching to find out more about the coffee, mainlybecause i do not like the price $ 15 a pound.
it comes ground.

the name is:

Boresha
Ethiopia Sidamo
Dark Roast

where does this coffee fits in?

thanks for your help

thestorylady

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Boresha Private Estates Fair Trade Coffee

Hi, yes Boresha is 100% Certified Organic, shade grown, Fair Trade, Pesticide Free coffee grown on private estates in Africa. The three coffees Boresha Coffee makes are from Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda, and there is an African Decaf.

Often with an exotic coffee like Boresha, you will use less than with the cheap store brands because of the higher grade of bean. Indeed, one of our team members compared Boresha coffee cup for cup against simialr brants you can buy in the store and found that Boresha Private Estates exotic coffee cost 1/3 to 1/2 of what you''d pay for a gourmet coffee in your grocery store. Real value is a wonderful thing.

And here''s something else about coffee that you may or may not know.

Most coffee is flame roasted, which is why coffee is typically acidic . Issues like acid stomach, burps, and other unpleasantness are common with flame roasted coffee. Once you taste the good stuff, if you go back to flame roasted coffee, you''ll easily detect the burnt taste. The scum on top of coffee is also from the burnt.

Flame roasting coffee also makes the caffeine molecule unstable, which causes the jumpy heart, jitters, and similar sympptoms some people experience.

Boresha Private Estates Coffee is slow roasted under infrared heat in ceramic pans. This means that the flavor and also the caffeine are coaxed gently from the beans, not scorched out. This provides a velvety smooth mouth feel with no bitterness or burnt flavor. Even when you brew Boresha coffee for espresso, you will have absolutely no bitterness.

When you get the coffee in whole beans instead of ground, there is still moisture in the bag, since the beans weren''t scorched. Also, people who have trouble with caffeine may find that they are able to drink Boresha coffee with no ill effects, because slow roasting keeps the jump out of caffeine. the molecule of caffeine is actually more stable and does not jolt the system.

I personally also love the fact that the coffee is Fair Trade, which protects the growers. Any of us who have ever felt used by a boss canc ertainly relate to what it feels like the way things are usually done. Very few coffee providers procure their beans through Fair Trade, so it is safe to say that most coffee companies think nothing of using child labor and other unfair conditions to get the green beans that ultimately become coffee in the pot.

Boresha coffee is also Certified Organic and pesticide free. I shudder to think how many pesticides I''ve drunk over the years in my coffee! But no more. I''d lead you to a sample if I could, but I''m sure you''ll figure out how to find it.

I hope that serves you well. Feel free to contact me if you have other questions. Message me if I can be of further assistance.

Ronda

L

lynnibug

I also drink Boresha coffee. It is the first coffee I have ever enjoyed black. When slow roasted using infrared the coffee retains a natural sweetness.

@TheStoryLady Which of the Boresha Private Estates coffees are you most fond of?

Last edited:

ElPugDiablo

Most coffee is flame roasted, which is why coffee is typically acidic . Issues like acid stomach, burps, and other unpleasantness are common with flame roasted coffee. Once you taste the good stuff, if you go back to flame roasted coffee, you''ll easily detect the burnt taste. The scum on top of coffee is also from the burnt.

Flame roasting coffee also makes the caffeine molecule unstable, which causes the jumpy heart, jitters, and similar sympptoms some people experience.

Boresha Private Estates Coffee is slow roasted under infrared heat in ceramic pans. This means that the flavor and also the caffeine are coaxed gently from the beans, not scorched out. This provides a velvety smooth mouth feel with no bitterness or burnt flavor. Even when you brew Boresha coffee for espresso, you will have absolutely no bitterness.

When you get the coffee in whole beans instead of ground, there is still moisture in the bag, since the beans weren''t scorched. Also, people who have trouble with caffeine may find that they are able to drink Boresha coffee with no ill effects, because slow roasting keeps the jump out of caffeine. the molecule of caffeine is actually more stable and does not jolt the system.
Can you please explain what do you mean by flame roasting coffee. I assume the " infrared heat in ceramic pans" you mean coffee roasters such as Diedrich and or Primo Roasters. The ceramic tiles are heated by gas or propane won't that qualify them as flame roasting?

L

lynnibug

Boresha owns their own roasting facility which is one of only four infrared facilities in the world. The coffee is then packaged in single pot size bags to keep it fresh. I copied this from an article.

"Boresha’s infrared roasting is a proprietary method by which beans gently and evenly roasted. Traditional direct heat methods leave the outside of beans cooked more than the insides, so the balancing act that has to be managed is how much overcooked outside to undercooked inside will be allowable. This results in a compromise decision between “acceptable” levels of acidity, flavor and bitterness. With infrared roasting, the overcooked/undercooked compromise is never an issue."

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Nice to see that even in this economy the advertising execs are still pounding away, whether the keys are mechanical or digital in nature, producing ad hype by the metric tonne.

I could just as easily say, "The drum roaster relies on convective heat, radiant heat, and direct thermal transfer to give a far superior roast to those methods that only transfer heat using one method, such as infrared." Basically they are saying that it is not possible to get a superior roast with anything other than infrared, and that is just not correct.

Nothing personal aimed at you, lynnibug...