May 24, 2019
Visit site
Got me some Brazilian Jordanian beans
187817de5842a33168c12e93f0c8dd26.jpg

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Hi wstsider,

Where did you buy the beans from? ( a local roaster? or online?)

After you grind the beans and brew the coffee, please let us know how it all worked out for you.

~ Rose

I bought them from a local Arabic store! The beans come from Jordan and are roasted in LA and they get shipments every 2 weeks! I brewed my usual pour over and the flavors where a bit different then a Brazilian! Interesting flavors though!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I'm confused. Brazilian coffee from Jordan. Roasted in LA? So they shipped the coffee from Brazil to Jordan then to Los Angeles to be roasted? Not sure what the journey does for the green...how much do they charge for the coffee?

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
I'm confused. Brazilian coffee from Jordan. Roasted in LA? So they shipped the coffee from Brazil to Jordan then to Los Angeles to be roasted? Not sure what the journey does for the green...how much do they charge for the coffee?

7 bucks a pound and it has an interesting and unique flavor profile and different from any other Brazilian I’ve tried

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
If one has had any experience dealing with the middle east, one would know that in purchasing decisions, the only factor that matters is price. Sure they will ask for quality but only at the lowest price. As an example, I dealt with one RFP where they were asking for a grade 1 pulse and were quite demanding. Our prices were way out of line. In the end, they bought grade 4 at the price they wanted....basically bottom of the barrel.

I do know that they do this with coffee also. The farmer that I purchase Brazils from told me that his friend won a contract and wanted to store coffee beans prior to shipment in his warehouses. He refused as he was so afraid of contaminating his Cup of Excellence quality beans with the shiite that his friend had won the contract with.

I guess my point is, that funkiness in the bean may or may not be repeatable but probably is a result of a defect, whether from growing, processing or storage

Nicobaby

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site
If one has had any experience dealing with the middle east, one would know that in purchasing decisions, the only factor that matters is price. Sure they will ask for quality but only at the lowest price. As an example, I dealt with one RFP where they were asking for a grade 1 pulse and were quite demanding. Our prices were way out of line. In the end, they bought grade 4 at the price they wanted....basically bottom of the barrel.

I do know that they do this with coffee also. The farmer that I purchase Brazils from told me that his friend won a contract and wanted to store coffee beans prior to shipment in his warehouses. He refused as he was so afraid of contaminating his Cup of Excellence quality beans with the shiite that his friend had won the contract with.

I guess my point is, that funkiness in the bean may or may not be repeatable but probably is a result of a defect, whether from growing, processing or storage

When you dealt with the Middle East, RFP was made in what language? For example, if I wanted to order coffee supplies from Brazil, do I need to translate rfp into Portuguese? I made inquiries about a similar service and found https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/rfp-translation-services that is ready to do this. The only question is how much is relevant for me or I you do without it. I can not find specific information.

Last edited: