Can BUNN G2 grind for espresso?

SergioSolo

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Bunn G2 Grinder comes with Bunn Filter machine but I also plan to use it for espresso - anyone knows if G2 will work for espresso (that requires fine tuned grind) or I need another grinder? :? :(

Thanks
ss

CoffeePro24_7

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it can grind to espresso fineness, but would say it most certainly won't allow the fine tuning needed for great espresso. Also would probably grind way too fast leaving alot of waste, unless you pre-grind for later use to minimize waste. Then you have the issue of grinding for drip and dialing it back in for espresso. I vote for a dedicated espresso grinder!

SergioSolo

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I though so. Bunn looks to me like a Land Rover - good for hard and heavy job... Other choices I have are La San Marco SM92 OR La Cimbali Cadet or Junior... Any preference from the pro? :)

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Sorry for the really late reply... Of those mentioned I'd for sure get either Cimbali. Have never used any of the grinders you mention, but really like the build quality and features of Cimbali's grinders. If I needed another commercial quality grinder I'd jump on the Cimbali Hybrid Max as it combines conical and flat burrs and is built like a tank.

Of course if you buy any commercial grinder used be sure to tear it down for a thorough cleaning and replace the burrs. Usually the motors and other main parts will survive pretty much any sort of use, but most grinders in a commercial setting are often abused and almost never cleaned.

Yeah the BUNNs are like Land Rovers, kind of ugly but will get any sort of tough grinding job done with ease. I have the BUNN LPG and it will really chew up beans with amazing consistency, but it is butt ugly and I'd only use it for drip or maybe press at most. Later!