Chalkboards curiosity...

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
I am sorry, misunderstood the question. AS I said before I Literaly painted on that chalkboard 12' by 5' with chalk board paint, I wanted a chalkboard that fit that space exactly so I went to home depot got to quarts $25 and look it turned out great, I put wood trim around it the whole thing cost me about $75. People walk in and see this huge emnu and say "wow look at all the things you offer" but its the same things that you all offer I just presented in a grand way.

Oh and sorry to disagree we hand wrote out the menu in chalk in about two hours on a ladder, we only change things once and a while and it is very easy to clean.

I recommend it!

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
np

certainly don't ha to apologise for me answering a question posed to you.

but post is still a little unclear...
"AS I said before I Literaly painted on that chalkboard 12' by 5' with chalk board paint"

does that mean that you put paint on an actual chalk board or that there is a paint that acts(when dried)as a chalk board?

I had really low ceilings and originaly had a chalk board sign(behind the counter) that was all done in chalk and I was constantly having to redo it because of spills and splashig from the steam wand. Tried oil basted pastels too and it made it impossible to change anything...ended up ruining the board.

love8me

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
chalkboards are easier, convenient & affordable. you can also express your artistic side and add personal touch to it which draws in more customers :grin: which gives the place a more homey touch too. :)

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
love8me - I question your answer, I have done this many times and there are times when painting in the chalk board is much more convenient. Have you oened coffee houses in the past/present and have designed menu chalk boards, making an arbitrary statement?

I also am asking about your web link for phone accessories on a coffee forum?

love8me

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
Muddycup said:
love8me - I question your answer, I have done this many times and there are times when painting in the chalk board is much more convenient. Have you oened coffee houses in the past/present and have designed menu chalk boards, making an arbitrary statement?

I also am asking about your web link for phone accessories on a coffee forum?

arbitrary? i use to own a coffee shop and i am a designer and well painting is convenient for you and painting is not the only way to design a chalkboard.

well i guess there are no rules as to what weblink one should provide. i'm just sharing something and i'm not forcing anybody. if you have a mobile phone / pda, you can download it for free and giving something for free is not doing anybody harm.