Coffee at your door!

irishcap

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
I've been thinking about starting a coffee company that delivers hot coffee to your door upon request. My company would act much like a newspaper subscription... As you go out to get your delivered paper you can pick up your coffee on the way back in! What do you all think?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You should buy an old ice cream truck and convert it to a traveling coffee shop....blast smooth jazz through the speaker....I can see people lining up like little kids...poor mr jones is 2 dollars short for a latte...guess he is stuck getting drip :grin:

The general idea of going to the people is good. But home delivery is tough for a drink with a retail of 2 to 3 bucks. THe driver tips would be cents not dollars. You'd also be competing with Keurig, Senseo, and all the other home single cup units. Granted, they are not espresso based. But man, that is a tough row to how. You'd need very high density customers for that to make any sense or the gas costs and travel time would kill your business very fast.

You could consider a mobile cart - sort of like those bicycle powered ice cream carts. That is an intermediate to an ice cream truck - it all comes down to location, location, location. Can you get to enough people so you are spending your time and money in transit?