Coffee Beans Help

tambdy

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
hi guys,

i have been working with a coffee company for a while now. I want to start doing it on my own selling beans filter coffee etc to company's. The company i currently work for are failing and i know that if i started doing this on my own i would be successful and believe on my own to start off with i could get at least 15 customers per week buying coffee on a monthly basis.

The problem i have is that coffee beans now need to be sold between £9-£10 per kilo i would like to do them in 4kilo boxes at round about the £35 mark which means that i would need to bring the coffee in at about £5-£6 per kilo to make a realistic profit which would mean if i have 50 customers buying one box per month i would make a realistic profit to start of with before i build the business up.

Is this realistic and cant anyone recommend a good wholesale supplier or how i can go straight to the makers of the coffee.

tambdy

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
After looking into it more i would need to be getting the coffee for about £10-£15 per 4 kilos i am still looking but hopeful this can be achieved

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I don't think the price of the green coffee is an issue. The issue for you will be freight. For example, you could buy excellent beans out of NYC or Montreal and have them shipped to you in the U.K. in pallet quantities.

You just have to figure out shipping and brokerage charges, and then freight charges in the U.K.