Coffee ice cubes...

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
This is too cool!! So your iced coffee doesn't get diluted! I will get a pic of the actual cubes next time I go in.
IMAG0004.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
That looks like a fantastic machine.

Does it actually make the coffee ice cubes out of real coffee or does it use a coffee flavoring that mixes with water before it's frozen?

I used to make coffee ice cubes the old fashioned way by puttting coffee in a bunch of ice cube trays and freezing them, but it was a lot of work, and the customers didn't seem to notice the difference.

It's great when someone comes up with a new invention to keep things interesting!

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Actually it only holds, keeps and dispenses the cubes. They use huge baking trays and dividers to make the cubes from actual coffee. It tasted good in a soda....

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
You know this may sound stupid but if you took old coffee and ran it through a 10 micron prefilter to take out any coffee grounds in the coffee. Then added it to a pressure vessel and introduced to a normal ice maker it should work just fine. You might have to clean the ice maker more often as coffee is going to gum up the works. But there is no reason it wouldn't work.

Any body have an old Manitowoc they want to donate for such an experiment? :)

paulina12

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the point of freezing your coffee when you can enjoy it fresh brewed. Each atificial influence upon the natural coffee caracteristics will lead to their loss, I think :((

nikisha

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am not a big stop by and get some coffee fan most of the time but when I’m running a little tired and it is hot, the iced is just such a pick me up! In fact, let me get my hair washed, the last load into the dryer and I am out of here on a coffee hunt!
================
URL deleted by moderator. Please remove it from your signature! You have been warned.

sassy22

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This has given me a great idea, I could make my own coffee cubes. This is perfect for when I don't have time to stop and sit down at a restaurant in the morning. And I could see myself saving alot of money doing this as well. Thanks for the idea!

Your URL to Red Lobster was deleted by a moderator (Pink Rose). Please read the forum rules!

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
When I make brownies, I always use coffee instead of water (it makes the brownies taste better). I always have coffee left over.

So I just pour the left over coffee into ice cube trays. I have one that makes coffee bean-shaped cubes from Perpetual Kid.

Then when I want to cool my coffee down, I always have some ice coffee available.