Coffee Shop Business Plans

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Coffee Shop Business

I would hope that you would purchase the program for what Skitzes paid for it! That would only be fair, wouldn't you say Mal? Nothing in this world is free (information that is) it all comes at a cost, Just like your internet service that your using...... Someones paying for it somewhere down the line.......

Daniel.

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
Daniel,

"wouldn't even try the last link left above without taking a real good look at the one i'm about to leave for you all. Give this some serious thought and check it out.

http://www.expresscoffeebusinessplan.com/index.html

If that link doesn't have what your looking for then I would say no one does. Gook Luck Everyone! "

From what perspective is your recommendation coming? Satisfied client? Please tell us why you think they are so great.

Ellie

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
Ellie, I have used a few business plan programs and I did look at the one that someone had posted for someone else to go look at and use.... That link that I made a comment about had some real piss poor examples for business plans...... need I say more! I have used one of the best (so they said) and that was Bussiness Plan Pro 2004 and I still had to do alot of research (pay for the report on national drinking trends) and that's not cheap. The one I left a link too, already has the reports and for the extra 95.00 that I'd spend for that business plan over the bussiness plan pro 2004 is a hell of alot cheaper than the 500.00 I spent for the National Drinking Trend Report last year just to make my business plan pro 2004 complete...... And that was for the 2003 drinking trends in the United States.

Ellie, what can you tell me about the great or not so great things about the business plan program that I had left a link too? I'd be glad to haer them...... that is if you have any, "which I seriously doubt".

ElPugDiablo

Well now BaristaExpress, those were FREE samples which give folks an idea what is in a business plan. Personally, I don't know how "Express Coffee Industry Analysis, Trends, Growth by Region and State 1997-2005" will help the original poster, chilledchick, in UK.

If you think those free samples are piss poor, no skin off my back, bplans.com means nothing to me, I own a coffeehouse, I am here to share ideas not to peddle business plan, roasted coffee or anything else. If your sole purpose is to provide other people another alternative bis plan site, good for you, but perhaps you should know those piss poor plans came from a link provided by SBA. Perhaps if you let SBA know what rotten site SBA is directing people to, maybe, just maybe SBA will put your litte link on their site...But I doubt it.

http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/pl ... gplan.html

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
OK, ElPugDiablo maybe I was wrong for making such a strong statement about those sample business plans put out by the SBA. But isn't the SBA a United States based Institution? Mmmm, I think I saw you say that Chilledchick was in the UK! And if that is true, then I would think she needs to seek help from the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe. And by the way they do have a United Kingdom Chapter. This way she'll be pointed in the right direction as to what the business community standards are for business plans their in Europe! Now that sounds about right to me (but I could be wrong). I think she needs to try that avenue at the moment. I'm not sure if she can use a contact us (e-mail) for the SCAE site or not but she can try, it sure couldn't hurt. Here's their web address. www.scae.com

Signed,
Daniel.

ElPugDiablo

BaristaExpress, no harm done. However, there is no conflict of logic on my part. Those were generic samples that are applicable in US or in UK.

At any rate, best of luck to those that are writing a plan. Know your market, know your competition, know your comeptitive advantages and your weaknesses, put them down on a piece paper. Distill them down to one paragraph as why your town need another coffeehouse and why that shop owner is you. If you can't convince yourself or a perfect stranger in this simple paragraph, you really need to think things through.

skitzes

Jan 4, 2005
Visit site
yes

i guess i could sell it but i need to make copies of some portions first.

private message me and we can talk it over.

----- scott

skitzes

Jan 4, 2005
Visit site
baristaexpress is right

the industry research alone makes this particular business plan very worth the money i paid. it also has detailed financial breakdowns and projections which can be changed to fit your own project. i was very pleased.

Kcoleman29

Feb 2, 2005
Visit site
Start Up

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum. I am in the process of doing the business plan for my cafe'. I know exactly what I want to do but I just need to know how to go about doing it. I live the south suburbs of Chicago. Can anyone help me with the business plan portion?

rollman

Feb 28, 2005
Visit site
Bus planning

I just wanted to add one thng.

Make sure that the bank (or loaner) agrees and signs an letter that states when you will get the money, how much, at what rate and for what time. More if you think it needs it , get it in writting.
I recently had the BAD experanice of having to change banks
and stop an project while we were left holding the bag for 5 months
before we could get an straight answer. Had to get more financing more accounting lost time gray hair and two less years of life left due to stress.
Thank God we were in a stong postion as just a couple years before
it would have taken us out.

Do not trust anybodywith the bigstuff unless you have it in writting and you know something about them and it was all good.
I have in the game over 25 years and I almost got taken to the cleaners.
Lots of crooks are out there and none cares that it is you lifes savings or your house. They will rip you off so be watching out. My deal started with an accountant making a mistake and me not getting the loan in writting.
The loan officer was sorry but...
Heck I did not need the Harley anyway ..

cssharkey

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I would not buy a business plan from anyone. Take it from me - I made this mistake. Your own research is the part that gets you to the point that you actually UNDERSTAND your business plan. If you just receive a biz plan, read it, then hand it to the banks - you do not OWN the information, you merely read it the way you might read a magazine article. If you put your effort into creating a business plan, you own the information and that capital you can draw on forever.

There are people in this thread that are trying to push their business plan on you to get your money. They may be good or bad Bplans, but there is dishonesty in misrepresenting yourself as a "Daniel" or some other made up name to hawk a product. There's a million bplan examples out there - get a few, research the crap out of the business, create your own bplan - and be prepared to go into business. Worst case scenario -you buy a Bplan from someone - you read it, hand it over to the bankers, you get the loan, and open up your shop. You now are up crap's creek because you thought by having someone else's bplan you are set up just fine and the customers will come by the hundreds. This will not happen unless you're really lucky. I have the "QuickPlan" that is being hawked here and the version I have is awful. 5 billion pages of nothing. Maybe they improved it since I was in your position 3 years ago. I made the foolish mistake of investing $200 - and what I received was 50 Megs of garbage. I showed it to accountant and banker friends and they laughed out loud by how much superfluous stuff was in it.

Sorry I went on a while on this, but I feel strongly about this and don't want to see anyone else get burned....

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
I agree with CSSharkey that you must do thorough research of the industry and demand for your geographic area, as well as the costs of supplies, build-out costs, equipment cost, etc. Nothing replaces the education you get from going through that process.

However, I did buy one of the business plans out there, and it was worth the money to me because it gave me a good jumping-off point, as well as some useful industry data. It saved a lot of time in the beginning for me. It was the 2005 version - maybe they have improved their product in the last 3 years.

cssharkey

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I made a mistake in my post above - I didn't mention an important part: I should say that I did receive a full refund after I complained and they said they were still indeed tweaking it a bit. So I should not say that it was a "waste" of money, because I got my money back. Just wanted to set the record straight. The guy on the phone was real easy to deal with and he gave me my money back without a hassle.