Daily Variations in Volume

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Just curious,

Our drive through espresso "hut" is all over the place in daily volume and traffic counts. I'm tracking weather, paydays, and just can't put a figner on why one day we'll have 165 cars, average about 150 and then yesterday...125.

Are your businesses more consistent? Is this normal?

Also Note: We recently put "help wanted' on the bottom of a sign we place in the parking lot (sandwich sign type) and it got us nearly 30 applicants in 2 weeks - cool - it sure beats paying for an ad in the paper

Docjava

May 23, 2005
Visit site
They begin to level out over time, or at least become more predictable. Putting small notes along with your cash book entries helps reveal patterns that again, over time you'll begin to recognize. I'm convinced there's some correlation between light deprivation and caffiene. It seems that our best days are when the sun is hidden- more than just temperature alone. Perhaps a government grant is in the works here?

edtrbob

May 12, 2005
Visit site
We like to look back over a six month period and see what the trends are... looking at it week-to-week drives me crazy. Weather, paydays, events, headlines...who knows what makes one day stronger than the next.

Our overall trend is that Monday is hardly worth opening... our biggest days is Thursday, Wednesday & Thursday are the next best.