Well I suppose if we want to take it all back to basics.
1. Light fire from wood that's lying about
2. Grab some green coffee beans
3. Find suitable metal container
4. Place beans in container, put on fire and stir with another stick
5. Take roasted beans and pound with stone
6. Boil water in container on fire
7. Add pummeled (ground) coffee roasted earlier
8. Wait for a while
9. Enjoy...satisfied in the knowledge that you achieved all this without using any machines.
Whilst your doing all this, consider building a mud hut and pretending your somewhere in Ethiopia.
Well if yer a purist....yes it is a coffee machine, but you would have to be a complete Luddite to think so. No mine is the only way to make coffee without a machine.
I suppose you could throw a handful of green beans into the fire, take em out when they're roasted and chew em! :lol: ....that would be the absolute purist method. Also, if you wanted a Cappa, then simply, suck on the udder of a Cow, gargle the milk a bit, then chew your coffee bean (stop sucking on the udder first of course!).....