Do we have to use coffee machines??

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Well I suppose if we want to take it all back to basics.

1. Light fire from wood that's lying about
2. Grab some green coffee beans
3. Find suitable metal container
4. Place beans in container, put on fire and stir with another stick
5. Take roasted beans and pound with stone
6. Boil water in container on fire
7. Add pummeled (ground) coffee roasted earlier
8. Wait for a while
9. Enjoy...satisfied in the knowledge that you achieved all this without using any machines.

Whilst your doing all this, consider building a mud hut and pretending your somewhere in Ethiopia.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Good plan Davec. I like the pounding with a stone part.

Is a french press a coffee machine?
Really, all that's needed is hot water, a filter and some grounds. No "machines".

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
davidsbiscotti said:
Good plan Davec. I like the pounding with a stone part.

Is a french press a coffee machine?
Really, all that's needed is hot water, a filter and some grounds. No "machines".

Well if yer a purist....yes it is a coffee machine, but you would have to be a complete Luddite to think so. No mine is the only way to make coffee without a machine.

I suppose you could throw a handful of green beans into the fire, take em out when they're roasted and chew em! :lol: ....that would be the absolute purist method. Also, if you wanted a Cappa, then simply, suck on the udder of a Cow, gargle the milk a bit, then chew your coffee bean (stop sucking on the udder first of course!).....

Sales Manager

Jan 30, 2008
Memphis USA
Visit site
Just put some grounds in the basket.

I grew up on percolator coffee and I appreciate the delicate balance one needs to have between grounds and coffee. That is why I recommend a drip coffee maker as long as it has the proper temperature.