Espresso/Cappuccino recommendations

kaya

Dec 18, 2007
A redundant question, but I am in a bit of a hurry to order an espresso/cappuccino machine for a wedding gift. Can anyone please help recommend one? Price range is $400-$500.

Also, if someone can recommend a link where is the best place to order one?

Much appreciated!

OP
K

kaya

Dec 18, 2007
It's for my cousin. I know she loves drinking Starbuck's. I don't know if she has a grinder or not, but if need be, I can also purchase this (can you recommend?).

I'm not a coffee drinker, so all this is new to me hence why I'm turning to this forum for help! Thanks!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Well for the average coffee drinker I'd recommend something like the Starbucks Barista machine and matching grinder (conical burrs) that can be found at $bux often. The machine is a rebranded Saeco and the grinder is a rebranded Solis Maestro. You might find a closeout deal on both. Of course there are much better machines and grinders out there, but for the money you intend to spend this would be a nice combo. Later!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
One more machine just came to mind. I was at a Linens N Things store here in North Carolina yesterday and noticed they had a Francis Francis X1 Trio machine for $499, which I believe is a fantastic price. That machine has some nice features and is an ESE pod only machine, which your cousin might benefit from. No grinder needed. Just a thought.