!Espresso Machine Dilemma!

IndianaTim

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hey RomanCrema,

I used to own an espresso shop in the states and I presently have a wonderful machine in my home that matches what I was able to get out of my commercial machine, so that's my point of reference.

I was in Kinsale last February and had an absolutely wonderful espresso from a cart in the public market. The man who ran the cart either worked for or owned a roasting company in Kinsale or Cork. You can certainly get very good espresso beans, freshly roasted, in Ireland. There is no need to buy beans that will only diminish in flavor as they sit on your shelf.

You will not match the quality of espresso you experienced in Rome without proper equipment and fresh beans. It takes the right amount of espresso, freshly roasted and ground to the correct fineness just before pulling your shot, with the right amount of water with the right mineral content at the right temperature and pressure to get great espresso. None of this is insurmountable, but it is a delicate series of events that you have to get right, or it falls like a house of cards.

Tim