Green Bean Coffee Supplier

K. I am new to the scene, I have a stand, and I have a single source. Having not been in the industry I had/have no connections, I needed ASAP assistance and I found it on-line. I needed to have a simple " local" source of beans, and for that matter help when I need it. Thus far I have I'd only one "local" source on this site. Being joyful having found this site, I would turn here first if I encountered any sourcing problems. Considering that I require an exceptional blend with exquisite consistency, I have chosen my primary source. (No need to mention the name) BTW I am in no way compensated for promoting any green bean supplier.

Coffe Guy, I have alot to learn from you and TRoph...thanks

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I didn't mean to offend...just do me a favor...learn to cup...the SCAA has a beginers book..or attend a cupping class in Atlanta...then start blending your own...you will save money and appreciate your business so much more!

NWJava, I certainly admire your loyalty to your supplier! However I agree with the other guys on this one. Learning to cup and to test roast and then blend through a variety of different greens is going to take you to the next level...and while you are going to thank your (unnamed...hehehe) broker for giving you a start in the business you are going to be able to find beans that they do not have available for what ever reason. If you look at yourself at present you are NWJava... roaster of (insert that name again!) beans! You want to be NWJava fullstop. I don't think you see any of the other roasters giving their brokers a push 'cause at the end of the day its us, the roaster, that brings out the special qualities in the bean through the roast process. :grin:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Well put Alun_evans. Brokers can be of great benefit, but in the end it's us roasters than produce the magic. It all starts with the screen or grade of the coffee. Sometimes like now when the market is up, you have to bite the bullit when you buy short. That's when you learn how to buy on contract. Some times you guess right, other times you guess wrong. Speaking of which how is everyone liking the market right about now :twisted: And NW Java we've all been where you are today. Although the broker you're purchasing your greens from now may be good in the short run, you definately want to do your own blending, especially if you plan to sell to others outside of your stand. As in anything, volume effects price. This is a tough market especially here in Washington, I don't have to tell you how competitive it is. We have to go against some of the big boys here and you know who I'm taking about. But keep at it. 10 years ago we went after them and today we're still after them. :p

CoffeeAM

Jun 30, 2004
Woodstock, GA
Visit site
ProCoffee.com has a big selection.

The 1-lb and 5-lb bags aren't a huge bargain, but check out the 50-lb section.

Granted you have to pay shipping, but the coffees are great and start at $1.95/lb.