Greetings from Milwaukee!

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Thanks to all who work behind the scenes to provide this great resource to us coffee people.

My current brewing method is pourover w/ a Kone and Bonavita kettle, but I go through streaks where I'll use my press pot, and then switch to a Yama 5-cup vacpot. For espresso, I'm using a Vivaldi II and a Compak grinder.

I started roasting for myself and a few friends in Aug. '04, and turned it into a little roasting business (theexcellentcup.com) that's actually more of a hobby that pays for my property taxes and car insurance. :coffee: So far, so good. For samples and small batches I use two SC/TO's, and for customers I roast on an Ambex YM-2K.

Now it's time to snoop around, and get to know some of you!

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "peterjschmidt"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website. It's great that you found us!

It sounds like you're roasting "hobby" is doing great, especially since it pays for your property taxes and car insurance. Plus you get to enjoy some great coffee as a bonus.

With all of your experience in roasting and brewing, I'm sure you'll be a great addition to our Forum membership.
I hope you will join in on the discussions when you're ready.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Thanks you two. I hope to have some good input and learn along w/ everyone else. No doubt you know it's not a simple matter to get involved w/ a new online community, and the time it can take to be involved. Thanks though, for doing what you can to enhance the members' coffee experience!