Greetings from Vancouver Island!

Empourium

We're a new start-up in the hybrid cafe/retail scene here on the west coast of Canada. So new in fact that we've not yet opened our doors, but it won't be much longer. We've spent the better part of the past year in consultation and planning with business coaches and consultants, exploring coffee culture, researching our community (we've lived here for over 20 years), and refining our business plan and we're finally ready to start building our shop. Our goal is to create a comfy and welcoming space for customers to enjoy great coffee and food as well as indulge in a little retail therapy (kitchen and giftwares, greeting cards, clothing accessories, jewellery, crafts etc.), which has been sorely lacking in our community for some time.

It's a risky venture but we're committed to supporting our local economy and creating something more than just another coffee shop. Our space is large enough to accommodate gatherings of 50, so we plan to partner with local community groups and hold evening events: music, video presentations, activity nights and who knows what else. At the heart of everything is the coffee: the engine which fuels our customers and our business revenues. We'll be exploring the forums here whenever possible as we still have much to learn and lots of ideas to explore. Here we go...

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Congratulations and best wishes on your new venture. You're in one of my favorite places in this hemisphere and I wish you nothing but success. Victoria, BC is beautiful. Butchart Gardens is absolutely fantastic. I just can't say enough about that area. I (half-jokingly) tell folks I was a Northwest Indian in a previous life. I love the region, their culture, their art - everything about it appeals to me.

My wife and I lived in the Seattle area when we discovered Vancouver Island. We took some time off from work at our high-stress jobs at Boeing and did a driving trip around parts of the island. From Victoria we drove up to Nanaimo, hung a left, and made our base of operations at Ucluelet, and explored the west coast of the island. It's FANTASTIC!

Again, best wishes. You're so fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the world..... :)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Congrats and good luck...also welcome to the forums. There is loads of information on this site. Would love to hear of your up coming adventures!

Empourium

Congratulations and best wishes on your new venture. You're in one of my favorite places in this hemisphere and I wish you nothing but success. Victoria, BC is beautiful. Butchart Gardens is absolutely fantastic. I just can't say enough about that area. I (half-jokingly) tell folks I was a Northwest Indian in a previous life. I love the region, their culture, their art - everything about it appeals to me.

My wife and I lived in the Seattle area when we discovered Vancouver Island. We took some time off from work at our high-stress jobs at Boeing and did a driving trip around parts of the island. From Victoria we drove up to Nanaimo, hung a left, and made our base of operations at Ucluelet, and explored the west coast of the island. It's FANTASTIC!

Again, best wishes. You're so fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the world..... :)

Thank you so much - we do feel privileged to be in this place. Next time you're visiting the island, please drop in and allow us the privilege of making you a coffee! We're just a few minutes from Butchart Gardens.