Haitian mountain coffee

Francois

New member
May 1, 2021
5
0
Haiti
I am a Haitian coffee grower and am interested in finding out about the image that Haitian mountain coffee has in North America. For example, is it seen as a single product or are there certain types of Haitian coffee that are seen as premium?
 

meforevercrazy

New member
Sep 13, 2021
7
0
San Francisco, CA
I am a Haitian coffee grower and am interested in finding out about the image that Haitian mountain coffee has in North America. For example, is it seen as a single product or are there certain types of Haitian coffee that are seen as premium?
I think there's a local roast store that offers Haitian beans/blends called Devil's Gutch. Roughly 18 bucks for 12oz
 

fgesse

New member
Oct 8, 2013
6
0
I am a Haitian coffee grower and am interested in finding out about the image that Haitian mountain coffee has in North America. For example, is it seen as a single product or are there certain types of Haitian coffee that are seen as premium?
Contact information please. or email fgesse@hotmail.com subject Coffee. Thanks!
 
OP
F

Francois

New member
May 1, 2021
5
0
Haiti
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #6
Hi, The coffee is grown on a single family owned property in the highlands to the East of Thiotte in Haiti. The variety is the Rustica variant of Arabica. 25% of the production comes from older plantings (25 years +) while the other 75% comes from plantings made 5 years ago. The two plantings are harvested and stored separately.
This years crop has just been harvested with total production around 200 sacks. The mountainous nature of the land along with its remoteness means the beans have to be hand picked.
 
OP
F

Francois

New member
May 1, 2021
5
0
Haiti
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #8
At the moment we just sell by the sack.
although the truth is that coffee producers in Haiti have had a problem selling anything over the last couple of years because of the security issues in the country. It is very difficult to ship and buyers are reluctant to come here.
 

fgesse

New member
Oct 8, 2013
6
0
Hi, The coffee is grown on a single family owned property in the highlands to the East of Thiotte in Haiti. The variety is the Rustica variant of Arabica. 25% of the production comes from older plantings (25 years +) while the other 75% comes from plantings made 5 years ago. The two plantings are harvested and stored separately.
This years crop has just been harvested with total production around 200 sacks. The mountainous nature of the land along with its remoteness means the beans have to be hand picked.
my email fgesse@Bikecafe.com we could communicate better.
 
Top