Hario coffee grinder

Living_Rave

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a small electric grinder. It's a Kitchen aid. I did my consumer checks on an item I could afford and this had the best reviews but as I use it I am not too impressed. i do love how quiet it is compared to others I have used but the grinds are all over the board.some fine ,some coarse and everything in between. Any suggestions on a grinder under $100 ? or should I bite the bullet and go for broke on a more pricey unit??

dahoss2002

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Mike this is my first post but I have a little experience with the Capresso and the Hario. I have only had the Hario for about a month and am still experimenting. For drip, I have been backing off the adjustment collar 5 notches. I can grind 2/3 cup of beans in about 4-5 minutes by hand or 1-2 minutes using my battery operated drill at slow-steady speed. The nuts I bought are M6-1.00 and a 10mm socket is the fit if you want to try the drill. I like my capresso and had been using it daily but the Hario is much easier to clean right and if you figure cleaning time, It's about a tie as to which one is easier for everyday use. That being said, I have been using the Hario most lately.

H12Mike

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree the Capresso is harder to clean and takes up a bit of time each day. I love the Hario and use it for when I am traveling.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.

dahoss2002

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree the Capresso is harder to clean and takes up a bit of time each day. I love the Hario and use it for when I am traveling.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.
howdy neighbor!! Bossier City , La here