PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Ledger,

Hello to you, too!

Welcome to the Coffee Forums. You will find a lot of interesting things here.

There is a handy search option (at the top of the page) that can help you quickly find many discussions on all sorts of topics. Believe me, if you're really interested in learning about the world of coffee, you can spend hours and hours exploring these forums, and there will still be more and more things to explore.

It's nice to see the Forum attract so many people from all over the world.

Best wishes,
Rose

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
This one has a very nice website. The beans turning in the cooling bowl thingy is a cool sight to see on the front page.

I'm really missing my website, I hope it comes out as good as this one. Nice use of colors, very busy but not cluttered.

Stick around Ledger, I think you could teach us a thing or two.

Welcome to Coffeeforums!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I also took a look at Ledger's web site.

The graphic showing the stirring of the roasted beans was the first thing that caught my eye.

Of course, then I discovered that the entire web site is written in French....so that was definitely the end of my exploring.

I hope the Davidsbiscotti web site will be finished soon. I'm dying to check it out too.

Rose

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Well, on the Boutique page (Store?), the varieties of coffee they offer are squared off and jammed together, making it difficult to view. It could be laid out a little better. Maybe, give each variety its own page or section.
Otherwise, it seems well organized and the color combinations are hmmm..... dare I say, delicious??? :D

Rose, a little history about my site - Until now it was a very basic amateur website that was left up to us to design. Obviously, we're not web designers and we don't know what customers look for when shopping online. At one point, I really thought I had a terrific design, but as it turned out, I was the only one who enjoyed looking at it. So, we hired Pangea Webhosting to fix it up, to redesign the whole thing. It's been almost two months now and our overall sales have suffered the consequences of not having a live website. My hopes and expectations for a professional website are high. After all, it is a costly endeavor for us. I will surely, although hesitantly, post the link in forums to have it chewed up and spit out by the willing critics. I will also gather some customer opinions on it.
I'm thinking, when I get it back, there might be a Grand Opening Special of some kind. According to John P, I should charge "more" for any "specials". Heh heh. :wink:
That's not the experiment I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Nonetheless, John P will be getting a bonus for his earlier sharing of wisdom.