Help!! We dont know how to make the coffee we like

Hillsideshortleg

Dec 30, 2023
Mead Washington
Visit site
My wife and I have Mr Coffee makers and have found we like to grind our own coffee and fill the filter as full as we can get it to get the rich strong coffee we like. Unfortunately I think the grounds float over the filter and drop into the pot. Is there a system we can use to get good strong coffee (12 cups) without having to drink the grounds? I dont think we would mind spending more on a coffee maker if we knew it was a good one and would last for awhile
Thanks for any help.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
-Use less coffee and grind finer to increase contact time for more strength/less waste
-Use a metal filter instead of paper if that's what you currently do
-Use fresh coffee for more flavor as well... have to mention that as it's often overlooked

Hillsideshortleg

Dec 30, 2023
Mead Washington
Visit site
My wife and I have Mr Coffee makers and have found we like to grind our own coffee and fill the filter as full as we can get it to get the rich strong coffee we like. Unfortunately I think the grounds float over the filter and drop into the pot. Is there a system we can use to get good strong coffee (12 cups) without having to drink the grounds? I dont think we would mind spending more on a coffee maker if we knew it was a good one and would last for awhile
Thanks for any help.
I found that there is a 12 - 15 cup filter. Looking at the reviews for them it seems they all have had the same problem and the oversized filters took care of it.

Enigma-2

Oct 26, 2023
Indiana
Visit site
We had that problem, fixed it by switching to Bunn Filters (available at supermarkets nationwide).

These paper filter have higher sides (around 1/2" higher than regular filters).

Even though the coffee still still gets high in the basket during brewing, it no longer overflows the paper filter.

Since switching, only had one overflow in over a year, due to user ignorance.... :)

This is what the box looks like(not recommending you buy four pkgs.)