Home esperesso machine-bang forthe buck

SFG75

Dec 29, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
I'm looking for a good espersso machine in the range of $100-$200. Dependability is a big issue with me as I've purchased cheap espresso machines in the past that have only lasted five or six times before breaking down in a horrible mess. Now I know that you get what you pay for, but are there exceptions to this rule? I'm just looking for something that is worth twice it's value in the $100-$200.00 range. Thanks. 8)

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Not to be rude but $100 - $200 is cheap, try looking around $400 - $600 for a good machine that will produce good shot and will come with some durability. Other wise it is not uncommon for a machine to run $1000 - $6000 depending on what you want.

Carole

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
I have had Gaggia Evolution for a year and I am very happy with the quality for the price (about $250). The nice thing about Gaggia is they make all of their machines with proffesional grade brew groups, making great espresso. Therefore this machine will require properly ground espresso and a good tamp.

The down side to this machine are the boiler size. I think it is about 3.5 oz, plenty to make a few good espressos for one, but makes waiting for hot water or steam a bother. I frequently have to steam my milk half way, wait for it to heat up again, and then finish steaming. I have resorted to drinking non milk drinks or (eek!) heating milk in the microwave. Another effect of the price is the cheap plastic housing, and the paint on the buttons way scraping off out of the box.

overall I recommend this machine if you are looking for good espresso for as little money as possible.

Carole

CoventryCat86

Jul 18, 2005
NE Connecticut
Visit site
SFG75 said:
I'm looking for a good espersso machine in the range of $100-$200. Dependability is a big issue with me as I've purchased cheap espresso machines in the past that have only lasted five or six times before breaking down in a horrible mess. Now I know that you get what you pay for, but are there exceptions to this rule? I'm just looking for something that is worth twice it's value in the $100-$200.00 range. Thanks. 8)

Welcome Scott. You're going to have to spend more than $100.00 for a decent "espersso" :lol: :lol: :lol: (well in my part of the country we call them espresso machines but maybe you guys in the middle of the prairie might spell it differently).