I want to roast & sell from home - why not?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I know the feeling Chris,
Had 2 places line up and because one building inspector never heard of a roaster he kept on pushing me back. Gave them all of the info of the equipment and he still stood there and did nothing. The other location the health dept got involved, which they should not have to do, and that pushed it to far. In both cases the landlords could not wait for an approval. It was either sign or move on!!!

I have a nice industrial location in a brand new building and it is great for roasting but having people stop in to purchase beans or buy a cup of coffee or espresso is impossible. So I will keep looking!!
Good luck on your search!

Hydrocoff

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh Dear!
We seel tailor made coffee roaster made in Thailand. Our roaster are based on Electric, propane radiant or infrared heaters. Body made of SS call Hydrocof-20 which is 15-20Kgs batch roaster. We are using DDC controller for better control and quality roast.
Our prices are only 3,800.00 US
Spare parts are so simple you can get every where.

lachris

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Visit site
Well folks With the next order of greens on the horizon, I've really got to start thinking about moving this operation out of my home and into something. At least for roasting. My dream of a specialty coffee shop/roastery is out right now but the roasting operation is too big for my smallish space. My "I want to roast & sell from hom" thread is coming to an end. Roasting and selling at home was/is a great way to start getting into the coffee industry. Now I guess I'll have to start a new thread called "I need to roast & sell full time - how?" :grin:

With my day job feeling the pressure, I need to do something soon but the numbers from roasting only are not there yet to fully support my family. Any Ideas?

Billymarfy

Jan 13, 2011
United States
Visit site
Lachris wrote,(With my day job feeling the pressure, I need to do something soon but the numbers from roasting only are not there yet to fully support my family. Any Ideas?)
I think as soon as possible you start your work. Best of luck!

papouducafe

May 15, 2011
Visit site
xxxxxxxx.com

MOD EDIT: Please stop posting your URL every time someone mentions a subject that concerns your business. Please feel free to place a message in the appropriate commercial section to represent your business. Multiple postings such as you have been doing will be considered spam and you will be banned. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

lachris

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Visit site
We were using 3 electric kettles and keeping two of them on all the time. Trying to run all three would blow a breaker every time. Also, could not run two and the grinder together or two and the popcorn popper we use to chum the air while there. Not easy but when you remember all that, it works!

richberman

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We were using 3 electric kettles and keeping two of them on all the time. Trying to run all three would blow a breaker every time. Also, could not run two and the grinder together or two and the popcorn popper we use to chum the air while there. Not easy but when you remember all that, it works![/QUOTE

Chris,
I tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox is full and won't accept any more PMs. Could you possibly empty it or send me a regular email (richberman at verizon dot net).
thanks,
rich

DeanP

Yeah. I'd love to do the same... A friend of mine used to have this little roaster but the quality was never great. How much would you have to spend to get a decent roaster? I mean something that would produce something that I could sell. I own a small cafe and would love to be able to market the fact that I roast my own beans.

Latest posts