If you could chose your neighbour...

nick

Aug 23, 2007
Toledo Ohio
Visit site
I can't see my neighbor doing this. Actually, my landlord forgot to add the provision in my lease that I could not sell subs (something the subway franchise owner has always insisted its neighbor lease included.)

If this particular franchise tried it, they would lose big. Not only would they be trying to compete with artisan roasted coffee, but I have a 60" prep cooler which is not being used to its fullest capacity. I could be rolling out badass subs tomorrow, with little added complication.

Does big business really understand coffee? It's a big expense to add the equipment, a water filtration system, and to retrain your staff to keep it fresh. Being a programmer by trade, I have always stuck to the beauty of simplicity. Taking a successful franchise, opening for breakfast, expanding your product line, and increasing your payroll seems like a bold move. From the article it seems that this strategy is being proposed only in the highest traffic areas. I suppose if a travesty like Tim Horton's can do big revenue in the morning, Subway may be able to steal some of this business at the right location.

Kaitlyn C

Jul 29, 2008
LBI, NJ
Visit site
[quote:6cc7b6989d=\"caffe biscotto\"]Again, if it''s a balcony, overlooking the cafe, how about an art studio or a place that sells art?[/quote:6cc7b6989d]

I was also going to say some type of place that either sells art or a crafty place such as a scrapbooking/pottery place. It would be easy for art lovers to access coffee while completing a piece of art/looking at art.

Bookstores and chocolate shops sounds good, too!