Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I didn't introduce myself after moderator asked me to, you'll see that if you go through the posts. Because I don't think the moderator was asking me to introduce myself, that was more blaming and making conclusions about the reason I am here.

But it's an interesting comparison to the party you make, Peter. Which shows you still look at this whole story from money making point of view and you still think I registered here to "pander and/or make something off the good people here...".

If I am at the crowded party and someone walks in and offers a nice champagne, his name would be the last thing I am interested in. Or if a saxophone player walks in and offers some live music, his interests and weekend plans would be the last things I would want to know.

And what I would never do is I would never think that champagne supplier or saxophone player only walked in to "pander and/or make something off the good people here...".

I didn't specifically ask you to write an Introduction, I just gave you a huge hint that it was a good idea to do so.

By the way, if you were attending a crowded party, and someone walked in and offered you a glass of champagne, or started to play a saxophone, that person obviously already introduced himself (and was invited to be there) by someone at the party. People who just barge into a group without proper introductions risk getting thrown out on their ears.

Just sayin.....

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
This becomes entertaining.
Rose, so, every time I communicate with Peter you have to say something? Thanks for your Huge Hints, but I don't need them.
Before you hack my account and post something here instead of me, I must say that you don't even realize how popular this pitch has become. It would never collect so many views, if not your astonishingly ridiculous comments, party expert.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hey leo, please do not mind Super Moderators.

they are supposedly here just to do a simple job without interfering with member's and their postings, but most of them tend to get involved excessively and some cases even emotionally....

I guess they feel that they have some sort of high powered position or something. trying to feel important.

even for me, they accused me of something that I never did for past six month straight.
so when I had it enough, I took the matter to the administrator (owner of this site) and he confirmed back to me that I did not do anything wrong. and He said that he will discuss this matter with Super Moderators, but I guess that did not happen.

Also, I just found out now that some Super Moderator deleted my entire posting (more than 1800 postings up to date. A lot of valuable information about coffee for past few years) and just left me with few recent postings.

It is absolutely sad how they continue to behave.
it is just a coffee forum for haven's sake.

BTW, probably one of the moderators will change my this posting or even delete the whole thing because they just simply do not like it.

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Your analogy of bringing champagne to the party or playing the sax is misguided; those persons would be offering something gratis; imagine if as they poured the champagne they announced the price tag per glass, or after playing the sax for a couple hours announced their hourly rate was $xx.00. I can see where in your mind you are offering a benefit to someone in the form of your domain name; we see it as an interloper looking to cash in. Don't take it personal, just realize that first and foremost online forums are communities of people with like interests, and you'll have a warmer welcome if you become a part of the community before offering your wonderful opportunity.

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
Thanks for the message, Peter.I never mentioned those examples were gratis and I never said people wouldn't know the price of champagne before buying it.
I only said I would not ask for introduction before buying it. But it looks like you need some more serious examples.

Ok then.

Give me two Chicago Bulls tickets and I promise I will sell it in Chicago parties without introducing myself.

Or give me two tickets to Justin bloody Bieber concert, and I can swear I will sell it to those teenagers at their party without even telling the first L of my name. I will even organize an auction there, using microphone and stopping the party, again without introducing myself.

Let me know when you've got the tickets.

Also, I agree with you that this is more a community of interests, and I would be very impolite if, for example, I posted my pitch in the forum discussing the smell of coffee.

But if you go to my very first post, you can see that, well, first that I posted it in the buy/sell forum. Then you'll see that I start my message almost apologizing, I try to do it very delicately, even hesitating weather this post belongs to this section.

And we all saw the replies I received right after that.

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
What a bad luck, Rose.
This time around Peter replied before you:(
But nevertheless, it was very educating, now we know that you are dead horse expert too)) Good luck in all your new endeavors))

UScoffee

Jan 15, 2016
www.us.coffee
Visit site
And here is what's interesting.
Peter, being simply a user, tries to engage me into this coffee forum as another contributor. In despite of tension and uncomfortable exchange of replies.
While rose, being a "super" moderator, does everything so I disappoint, or probably get offended, and never contribute to the forum. And the funny thing is she probably thinks she succeeds.

All other forums I have been to so far had a totally opposite distribution of roles. Why this one is so special?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
While rose, being a "super" moderator, does everything so I disappoint, or probably get offended, and never contribute to the forum. And the funny thing is she probably thinks she succeeds.

All other forums I have been to so far had a totally opposite distribution of roles. Why this one is so special?

when I joined this forum bit more than two years ago, she was okay. She just went about doing her job which was deleting spams & excessive advertising, being a regulator or moderator for members who were using foul languages...etc Very simple yet effective work she did.
but since few month back, she was getting more and more involved with members and trying to enforce her power way beyond what was needed. She was supposedly "help" and "support" ALL MEMBERS in a way that members are willing to "ADVERTISE" in this forum. (this is what the administrators want. Advertising from members for their revenue).

In fact, I was one of the advertisers for a while, but I stopped advertising due to similar problem that you are facing.

Now, probably she will say "beating a dead horse" again, so I will stop here.

To answer your next question, "why this one is so special?"
IT IS A JUST COFFEE FORUM, Free coffee forum.

anyone can join free and discuss about anything, and does not really have to be ABOUT COFFEE. As you can see, "what did you have for your breakfast" and "do you take your coffee with milk? are the two of our all time favorite threads. So, we are very wide open for any kind of subject matters.

However, WHAT MADE US SPECIAL IS THAT we have some wonderful roasters (such as peter & bob & Len) in this forum. and few people from the countries of coffee origin (like me and Daniel who has a farm in Honduras). And quite a bit of coffee retailers (John Piquet is one of them and he is really insightful and good). Mr.Peaberry who knows just everything about coffee, and many many others who appreciate and willing to learn about coffee via our posting (even though they do not actively participate due to whatever reasons they might have), other than that, we have a lot of people just coming in and out.

if there are 100 new members in a month, probably only 5 will stick around for few month and only one will become real valuable members who can contribute.

Leo, I know that you are having a rocky start, but this forum is pretty cool once you get to know all the members and their characteristics (like coffee profile). and they are all very interesting people and what they bring to this coffee forum are pretty unique & invaluable.

Hope that you will stick around for a while.

PS: I am sure that you have been reading other threads in last few days, and as you can see, not all of them are worthy threads, but sometimes, once in a while, you can come across very interesting and educational/insightful threads about coffee which we all can learn from and be a part of the discussion. I guess that is the only reason that I am still here in spite of what had happen to me by Super Moderators.

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
This will be the last time I speak of this ensoluna. I have been quiet on the matter since we had a misunderstanding. You asked me to delete your account. I did not realize you were being sarcastic. I apologize for not understanding your sarcasm. You keep making digs on the "super moderators" You do not realize how much spam and b.s. I have gotten rid of on this forum for the past 12 or so years. I have also assisted many people who needed help. I said this before if the owner want me gone let me know. I have not give in to your jabs...lets get back to the reason we are here. Coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.