Introduction and a question

KarlWalsh

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
The only label is Lagoa/Brazil, it was coffee of the week and almost half price. I'll pay more attention to the actual bean next time.

Not sure it's going to last long, brewed three mugs so far :)

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
You guys know how to sell a coffee bean. I gotta try this stuff.

Davec, would you say it has a flowery smell or taste as well?
KarlWalsh, where did you purchase it and was the cost higher than other coffees you've tried?
KarlWalsh - You've never eaten flowers before??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: dude why not.....

KarlWalsh

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
Well since I started drinking coffee I have only tried the Sainsburys taste the difference range and the Guatemala Elephant from Whittards.

Taste the difference is normally about £3 for 225g, the Guatemala Elephant is about £5 for that much.

The Lagoa is normally £2.30 for 100g but was down to £1.50, I bought 200g for £2.30 so I essentially had 70p student discount too.

I can't remember the name of the shop, it was very small with a single guy running it. Huge roasting machine in the front. He stocked some other interesting sounding coffee, I didn't recognise any of them but then I'm still a bit of a noob.

If you know Bristol at all I can give you an approximate address, there doesn't seem to be a website which is a shame.

The coffee grounds smell really strongly of chocolate, almost good enough to eat the lot. When brewing the smell becomes very different, almost plant like and perhaps like flowers (sorry biscotto I have never tried flowers, I'll make it my mission this summer :D ).

The taste is is very similar to the smell whilst brewing, that's the closest I can describe it for now.

It's possibly a mild roast but after some googling it could be a dark roast, my memory fails me :oops: It's tastes softer than my usual medium/dark but then I have never had the luxury of freshly roasted coffee so that complicates things.