Kopi Luwak :)

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Careful Peter, there are those that would debate that. I always have to remember that taste is subjective and price does reflect quality.

Of course, you are correct. But for me, of all the KL I've had, even the very good ones, they don't compare to a great Sumatra, Java, or Sulawesi.

That said, the fact remains that the KL is still going to be 5 times the price. Adding in the cost of the KL, it seems idiotic to me.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Of course, you are correct. But for me, of all the KL I've had, even the very good ones, they don't compare to a great Sumatra, Java, or Sulawesi.

That said, the fact remains that the KL is still going to be 5 times the price. Adding in the cost of the KL, it seems idiotic to me.
i find it rather amusing that on cigar forums I belong to KL designates Kitty Litter which is sometimes used in controlling humidity in a cigar humidor.

goodtea

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Omg Kopi Luwak one off the most expensive coffee in the world?? i really want to try some to see why it's so expensive like that???

Kopi008

Jan 9, 2015
Indonesia
Visit site
You really want to try? you may contact: labuhan_maringgai at yahoo.com
He is a coffee farmer in highland of Bandung and has a coffee farm,... farmer price :)
I am not sure that he will send overseas, just try it.

Coffee_fan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Kopi Luwak Direct is the only legit brand I found out there.
Their coffee is traded in a fair way and the civets are free roaming. Much higher quality that the coffee from caged animals.

chaeungi

Jun 19, 2015
Seoul
Visit site
because the coffee bean was initially processed by the animal called weasel or civet cat, gather all this specie on earth can only give out about half a ton of coffee bean, so of cousre it's very expensive, but you can find the artificial one which is nice and the price is more reasonable. I usually order Kopi from a Huongmai Cafe shop in Vietnam because I'm addicted to their tasted of roasting coffee (different place got different taste you know). Take a look vietnambeststore.com , maybe it helps :coffee1:

chaeungi

Jun 19, 2015
Seoul
Visit site
and for me myself I would rather choose over Weasel Coffee because this type comes directly from their own farm, in which I had a chance to visit they have real weasel eating real coffee berries. Stunning

Handi

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I am a coffee company from indonesia Bali. I produce roasted bean arabica, robusta, peaberry and Civet coffee, iand i also supply Green bean arabica and robusta.

luwakcoffee

Jul 13, 2011
Indonesia
Visit site
I can provide you the authentic wild luwak coffee in minimum quantity, 100 gr, Single origin, Sumatra Arabica Lintong Specialty, produced by small coffee farmer cooperatve.