La Cimbali M-30 Classic

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Citric Acid does a decent job. There is more powerful acids that will work faster but you have to pay a lot more attention to them. Otherwise you will have a costly repair job ahead of you.

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
Cimbali m30 Finally it started

Thank You for your help (specially you CCaffe).
Finally I managed to start my machine.! I connected it 1 phase 240 V.
Now I need to clean it up.
Can you tell me what products can I use to clean the inside of the machine?. And to clean inside the boiler?
They tell me to use citric acid, where can I buy It?
Thanks

CimbaliIESP

Jul 5, 2007
Visit site
water supply Cimbali m-30

Thanks! I'll buy that.
I read an article that said that for my Cimbali I need to have pressure on the water line and that I must not try to just connect it to a water tank with no pressure
I want to make all the tests and cleaning at my home and I was planning on just put a water tank or large bottle to do so. Can I do that?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Its best not to. Without line pressure your pump will have to work a lot harder to move water which can lead to premature failure. Also the fact that it may have to prime each time it draws water. This too is hard on the pump.

You can get an adapter to screw on to your sink to hook up a garden hose. Then all you would need is a few feet to make it to your staging area. If you don't mind destroying the garden hose you can go and buy a 5/8 or 3/4" barb with 3/8" male thread fitting. You'll also need a hose clamp for the barb. That way you don't have to fool around with buckets of water.