La Marzocco 2 group

Buzzi

Mar 7, 2005
Visit site
Help! I'm in the process of buying out a coffee shop. Inventory has a La Marzocco 2 group- listed at over 9k! This machine is approx 4 years old and has broken down 2 twice in the last month. I know it's a great machine- but I imagine this must be the "new" price. The alternative is a 2800 Rancilio- l year old- for approx $2500. Anyone have an idea what the going price on the used Marzocco might go for???

Hey Buzzi check out Ebay they have some refurbished ones for like 2500 I believe. Where are you opening your coffee shop. Also is it better to lease or buy a machine.

In the research I've done- I'm sooo hesitant to buy from Ebay- esp. when I have the opportunity to buy one that is currently on site- and only 4 years old.

You bring up a good point- lease or buy- I guess it depends on how long you intend to be in the business. In my case- 6 years will be our "do we stay or do we go" in our town. So I think because I hope to be in business at least 5 years- it might be better to buy- who knows' I could be soo wrong- maybe someone out here has a more educated answer based on the life of these machines. There are tax implications that also need to be considered. BUt excellent question!

When you say tax implications, what do you mean. Is it that you get a break on taxes if you were to buy or lease? I am also in the process of opening a hookah/coffee place.

With a lease you can write off all the expense of the rental- with a purchase- there is depreciation over several years. You'd have to check with your accountant- but there's a depreciation formula they follow.

Depending on the cost of the machine you're looking at- the depreciation factor- and your financial situation- your accountant can give you the best advice as to whether it's better for you to lease or buy.

Back