Need help with ID of stove top Italian coffee maker

Bugsplat

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to this forum and thought maybe some here can help me out.

I found this stove top maker at thrift shop a while back. Brought it home, cleaned it up and started experimenting with it. No instructions, no manuf name, no markings of any type. I have searched online through pictures and haven't found anything like it.

I figured this out through trial and error. I don't know if I am using it correctly. Basically I fill the filter with 4 tbsp of grounds, not tammed. I fill the lower reservoir with boiling water. Then set it on the burner. I leave the steamwand closed and the coffee spigot open. When coffee is finished brewing I shut off the coffee valve and let It build pressure for about one minute, then I can steam my milk.

If I build up pressure to brew it seems to splatter too much.

The steamer seems to be adequate for my purposes but the coffee it produces is a little weak for my taste.

Any thoughts on how to improve my morning cup?

OakIris

Feb 19, 2016
Colorado
Visit site
I cannot help you with this, but photos of the machine might help someone else more knowledgeable to give you some basic instructions. (I thought maybe you were talking about a Moka pot until you mentioned the steam wand and coffee spigot, lol.)

Holly