Our new coffee and the story behind our choice for a company name

Jwatson355

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
New to the forum but I wanted to get our brand out. I hope this is allowed.

My daughter and I really enjoyed mornings with coffee and conversation. She left to college in Logan Utah where she roomed with 5 girls very Mormon. They expressed anger and judgement towards her for drinking coffee. Being entrepreneurs we contacted some coffee roasters and designed our own blend! Because of the situation we named it Sinner Coffee Co.

So far we've sold out of our 1st 100lbs in 3 weeks! Just got our 2nd 100lb shipment in and we have 2 other blends being made.

www.sinnercoffeecompany.com

This IS NOT SPAM! I promise. Yes, I'd like to sell more coffee but I'm also in it just to learn and share.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Wow. Incredible that your daughter was chastised for drinking coffee. I have a real problem with anyone who attempts to force their own beliefs on others. And I love the name of your coffee. Your daughter should let her roommates know about it and tell them the name was inspired by them. Oh, and she should find new roommates, if she hasn't already done that. Good luck with the new venture.

Jwatson355

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
Wow. Incredible that your daughter was chastised for drinking coffee. I have a real problem with anyone who attempts to force their own beliefs on others. And I love the name of your coffee. Your daughter should let her roommates know about it and tell them the name was inspired by them. Oh, and she should find new roommates, if she hasn't already done that. Good luck with the new venture.

She has made sure to leave the coffee bag on the counter and now she pre-makes the coffee so they can all smell it early in the morning. She has roughly 8-9 more weeks of prepaid room and board. after that, she's moving into an apartment.

Thank you for your response!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
YO!! That is awesome!! Loving your brand. I had a friend in high school who was a Mormon. He pulled me aside and said "im worried about you..I really think you can live without beer, cigarettes and running around with all those girls. Lol. I responded with "you can take 2 of those but if you take my smokes we gonna fight" He didn't talk to me for a year. He reached out saying he was in need of a job. I said sorry pal but you have to be able drink the coffee to sell it. Side note I did quit smoking ;)

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I think coffee can stand to have an off color name to it, kind of like beer. Stone Brewing has a beer called Arrogant Bastard. Also, Java Love has a coffee they call Bad Ass Brew. I don't see anything wrong with Sinner Coffee Company. Good luck with the venture.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Sinner Coffee. Love it. Maybe you could sell seven different blends - each named after on of the seven deadly sins.

Lust blend, gluttony blend, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride.

Cool idea.