Please review a coffee grinding guide

CherylB

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My names Cheryl, I'm new to this forum. I never actually participated in any forums related to coffee but decided that me and my team should communicate to coffee lovers as much as possible to achieve the best results.

So I would like to start my participation with a call to see our coffee grinding guide AND what actually we need is your opinion, insights or ideas on how to improve it. We put quite some time writing and creating photos for it and still want to improve it.

So here's the link: Coffee grinding guide

I'd put a photo of grind sizes here, but it's very very big, like two monitor screens in height.

Thank you all very much in advance. Hopefully you will find it useful and we will find some additional ideas and knowledge in you.

Sincerely,
Cheryl

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Your opening remarks about what "coffee nerds/baristas" do that "we" don't is a touchy subject. The title barista is heavily over-used IMO. Most think any person behind the machine, bar, etc. is a barista and that is far from the truth.

You are off to a great start from what I see. Didn't have time to read through all of it, but good nonetheless overall. Later!

CherylB

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
shadow745 said:
Your opening remarks about what "coffee nerds/baristas" do that "we" don't is a touchy subject. The title barista is heavily over-used IMO. Most think any person behind the machine, bar, etc. is a barista and that is far from the truth.

You are off to a great start from what I see. Didn't have time to read through all of it, but good nonetheless overall. Later!

I'm not from an English speaking country and such information is truly useful. I didn't know the "barista" title is used too often or too widely. Thank you very much.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for sharing your coffee grinding guide. I enjoyed seeing the enlarged photo of the coffee grinding chart that compares the various coffee ground sizes with grains of sugar.

What kind of sugar did you use as a comparason. Was it regular table sugar?

I didn't have a chance to read the whole page yet, but I plan to look at it again in the near future.

Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Rose

CherylB

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
PinkRose said:
Hi Cheryl,
...Was it regular table sugar?...
Rose

I'm very pleased you liked it. Yes, it's regular table sugar in the picture. I though sugar granules were bit more evenly sized until I started taking photos.