pros and cons of hiring a Coffee Consultant

hatfield2

Feb 18, 2004
ohio
Visit site
we plan to open a coffee house and have visited many, most are little more than a cheap store front with mismatched furniture and a confusing handwritten menu. We did find one shop that is our favorite and he spent about $10,000 on a consultant. To do this right, is it necessary to hire a consultant?

10 grand is a wee bit steep...I used to do it for anywhere around $75 - $150 an hour....usually could get everything done within 20 hours. When I did my first couple of jobs I learned how to cut the time down and not waste the time of my "employer". I mean the first guy wanted me to go around to all the shops in the area and get pricing..so what I am trying to say is most of the petty stuff you can do yourself..training is a must though....I was responsible for training and basic concept design....putting together menus and help source equipment.
oh well, good luck!

Opening New shop

At Coffee Fest in Washington, DC March 19-21 they have a 3 day seminar on Opening a New Coffee Shop. The price is $650 for 3 full days of training on all aspects. If you go to their web site they have full information. I believe the site is www.coffeefest.com.

^This is the reason that I am starting the most comprehensive set of links and essays available on the web regarding roasting and coffee house operation. Coffee Consultants are sharks, just awful crooks.

Back