- Aug 14, 2003
Wow! What a day. Turns out our trouble last week was not just a bearing. This morning our 120 kilo roasters was making some nasty sounds. We ended up having to tear the whole thing apart. The collar in the back that moves backwards and forward so to adjust the drum broke. We had to pull the hopper, yank face plate and pull the drum. After 16 years of roasting this is the first time I have ever had to do this. If you are lucky you will never have to do this! The face plate was tricky. We broke 4 of the bolts due to heating and cooling down destroying them. Drum weighed a ton...but we got it pulled and should have it back from a local fabricator this afternoon. Will post pics tomorrow of the hole ordeal!