Saeco Idea Brewing Unit Error .... Help please!

tink

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I recently bought a second hand Saeco Idea coffee/capp machine. On collection, i wasn't able to see it running as the guy had a new machine plumbed in and this one was all packed up ready to go. I was assured it was in good working order and may need a good clean.
I have not been able to get the machine working - when i switch the machine on, it does a self clean, then 'Brewing Unit Error' comes up on the screen.
Is there any way of fixing this without it costing an arm and a leg? The guy i bought it from no longer answers his phone or replies to texts.
All answers gratefully recieved!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "Tink"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

If you do a Google search for Saeco Idea Brewing Unit Error, you will see some information about how to reset it.

I took a quick peek and saw some possibilities of places you can look for some help:
AOL Search

Rose

tink

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello Rose, thank you for your time. I have already done a lot of searches on google and keep being directed to the Saeco Odea, which is a very different machine. Info on the Saeco Idea seems to be very limited - the error code isn't even in the manual! :decaf:
Thanks again for your time, i really appreciate it.
Tink

tink

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just thought I'd let you know, we found an engineer to look at it - the motor is broken and needs replacing. Thank you for your help.
Tink

tink

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi again, just thought i would let you know, an extremely kind gent of an engineer sent us the motor for the saeco idea free of charge! My partner fitted it last night, with this kind chap giving instructions over the 'phone (he lives at the other end of the country). Our Saeco Idea is now working!! Cannot tell you how pleased i am!
Tink :D