Tanzanian Peaberry :)

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
Hello, I just received my latest shipment of beans. In which I have some PB. I did a quick roast to a full city. WOW I love Tanz PB, a very smooth yet bold cup. This completely bypassed the usual morning ritual yawn and “TA-DA”, READY FOR ANYTHING. With this being added to my all-time favorites list, I would like to know what level of roast "you think" the PB has the best cup at. I next will try the “Yirg”. I also received Santos, Indian Monsooned Malabar, Indian Robusta Cherry AB. I will be cupping these today. Can’t wait, well have a great day all!!! :D :-D

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
OK the Yirg is on Fire 8) but ........., after I roasted the Cherry AB, my shop smelled like a pharmacy on fire :shock: The Malabar, I was told, was a bit tricky so I dropped the charge temp down a bit and I think it went ok, but it was a lot lighter in color than I expected, (is this right?). After cupping the Yirg, Tanz PB, and Santos I will wait, (palette fatigue) until tomorrow for the rest. I know that this is probably all old and boring to ya, but I am excited. Any comments on the Malabar color? :-D :-D :-D :)

Temuri

Nov 12, 2005
Tbilisi Georgia
Visit site
Baugo! I like that you are so excited about coffe. I am too. I have also roasted my robusta cherry AA (yes) and Arabica Cherry AA. I do a "cheap Indian blend" with it , but I really dont like this coffee. For some reason (very cheap) some customers do. Malabar I dont buy any more. I have never liked that coffee.
I am great fond of Kenyans and Costa Ricans. Thou my last shipment of Costa Rica was horrible.
Eh, I missed the point. ok bye.

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
No I got it " cheap cheap cheap" right? :p I am just trying to find my way through all of the multitudes of coffees :eek: , I dont like the Malabar or the Robusta either, but I still think that there may be a use in my espresso blends. I would still like for someone to let me know if my conclusions are on, close or way out there. My feelings dont get hurt ez :wink: Well Roast on .... Peace

Mar 25, 2007
Miami
Visit site
Tanzania Peaberry - knocked my socks off

I rencently received a sample of fresh (rosted, gassed then FedExed overnight) Tanzania Peaberry from our roaster and it knocked our socks off! The sweeter than expected finish was quite a surprise. All that said, I read through your post and realized that you are a roaster. What type, home roaster or commercial/artisan?

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
I roasted some of the Tanz PB on my little ole roaster at home and I think I was the only one in the house that liked it, very unique flavor. I think maybe it was the sweetness that kind of put everyone off.