The Coffee Project with farmers (Asia) - Introduce New Member

thecoffeeproject

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have been following and reading posts, now I am a member of this forum so I just wanted to say hi and connect with all coffee lovers around the world.

I am working on a very exciting project that brings the taste of Asia to Canada/North America. Especially I am planning to have an origin trip (coming home) this coming January and hoping to see if anyone interested in joining my journey.

A little bit about myself, I grew up in a coffee/tea farmer in Vietnam but I have been living in Canada for a while and would be cool to return to the farms. My family has coffee farms in Laos and Vietnam, so I will be visiting both.

Nothing better than experiencing coffee origin trip with a farmer or having a fresh coffee cup in the morning directly from the beans. If you are a coffee lover that interested in joining my journey or looking to know more about my coffee project, leave a comment and let's connect, I am so excited! I believe I have enough knowledge to share with you. If not, it is great to learn more.

Pham
TheCoffeeProject

Last edited:

thecoffeeproject

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello Ensolune,

I am going to visit the farms and to ensure that only good quality beans are imported. I don't have any specific plans, I am very open for suggestions on what I would do during the origin. I am new to import/export so I am willing to learn

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
there are so many flaky people here and actually everywhere around us. I think that "Pham" might be one of them.... I never heard from him again and after his two postings, nothing ever came after.

so, not that I did not go.. I did not even have an opportunities to investigate any further with "Pham".

anyway, I am leaving to Guatemala at the end of Feb and be there for entire March for my green bean sales and coffee school we have.

few people are coming to learn about roasting, cupping..etc at our place (I will be posting photos and stories) and also some of my int'l customers are coming to buy. so I have to be there.

Also, few people from this forum donated money for my cause, El Tigre School project, to help poor coffee family children in Salcaja city (about 20 min driving from Quetzaltenango where I work), so I have to interview many kids and families to choose the children for sponsorship. And also, I am planning to build or help Christian school/church, so that I can send my sponsored kids for extra study.

One of our beloved member, Peaberry (Doug) is also planning to come to Guatemala for 5 or 6 days in March, so if he indeed comes, he and I will be traveling around different cities, farms, ...etc. It would be really fun. and I am looking forward to it.

Flaky people exist in all walks of life, right.

Very nice, good luck with all your projects in Guatemala.

Will you be in Seattle for the Expo in April?

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
love to, but after Guatemala trip, I have to fly to China for my other business, electronic business. I am an Electronic factory engineering and sales consultant. so I am really booked from Mid Feb to early May.

thanks Joe.

No worries, safe travels this year!

I look forward to your posts from Guatemala in the coming weeks.

Joe