J jlyon10 Super Moderator Joined Feb 16, 2007 Messages 436 Reaction score 2 Aug 25, 2008 #1 I know it is pretty primative but check out my video of 2 Fresh roast plus 8 roasting in the NC mountains. On my website, click the videos link.
I know it is pretty primative but check out my video of 2 Fresh roast plus 8 roasting in the NC mountains. On my website, click the videos link.
C caffe biscotto Member Joined Jan 18, 2008 Messages 704 Reaction score 2 Aug 25, 2008 #2 Hey Jim, nice video! I've never seen a fresh roast plus 8 in action, looks cool. Now I want one. (was that at a Grateful Dead concert or something...)
Hey Jim, nice video! I've never seen a fresh roast plus 8 in action, looks cool. Now I want one. (was that at a Grateful Dead concert or something...)
OP OP J jlyon10 Super Moderator Joined Feb 16, 2007 Messages 436 Reaction score 2 Aug 25, 2008 Thread starter #3 Greatful dead No that is just Jim from Jim's coffee beans. Jelly Rivers has Fresh Roast Plus 8. That is me in my Road trek RV in Ashville, NC a great place in the mountains.
Greatful dead No that is just Jim from Jim's coffee beans. Jelly Rivers has Fresh Roast Plus 8. That is me in my Road trek RV in Ashville, NC a great place in the mountains.
D Davec New member Joined Oct 18, 2006 Messages 314 Reaction score 0 Aug 25, 2008 #4 Well Jim I can't let this one go. Here is a Video of Roasting in a Gene Cafe (wiv subtitles) http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/roasting-in-the-gene-cafe
Well Jim I can't let this one go. Here is a Video of Roasting in a Gene Cafe (wiv subtitles) http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/roasting-in-the-gene-cafe
C caffe biscotto Member Joined Jan 18, 2008 Messages 704 Reaction score 2 Aug 26, 2008 #5 "Lovely" Davec! Jim, this is a great thread. I hope others will add their home roasting vids.
topher1 Super Moderator Staff member Joined Aug 14, 2003 Messages 3,991 Reaction score 81 Aug 26, 2008 #6 Here is one...not the best quality but you get the point. We just got a new HD video cam so I will post a better one later. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQQlfm1yH18
Here is one...not the best quality but you get the point. We just got a new HD video cam so I will post a better one later. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQQlfm1yH18
C caffe biscotto Member Joined Jan 18, 2008 Messages 704 Reaction score 2 Aug 28, 2008 #7 Topher, do you gauge the readiness of the beans by color or "cracks"? I would assume by color, given the ruckus of the machinery.
Topher, do you gauge the readiness of the beans by color or "cracks"? I would assume by color, given the ruckus of the machinery.
topher1 Super Moderator Staff member Joined Aug 14, 2003 Messages 3,991 Reaction score 81 Aug 28, 2008 #8 you can still hear cracks...
N Deals and Specials 🏆 1st The best choice for storage coffee beans - Vacuum coffee canister 10% on amazon N Noe 👍 1 Amazon
C Coffee and Espresso Machines 🏆 1st La Cimbali M29 Selectron Tall Cup Espresso Machine - NEED PUMP! C cimbaliespresso 👍 Amazon