Where can I buy good coffee online?

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
As JohnB commented earlier, buying direct from the roaster will guarantee the freshest coffee. An admittedly shameless plug here...we are a small micro-roaster, and roast all coffee to order.

Can I offer a discount on this forum to CoffeeForum members? I don't want to violate forum etiquette. Well, here goes... a 10% discount on any purchase to all coffee forum members. No limit. Type in the code "coffeeforum10". We'll see if this flies :)

Ellen
www.thebeanery.com

atariguy

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I purchase my coffee at a local roaster - but they have a catalog as well. I have recommended hundreds of people to this website and know of no one who has not been blown away. www.junglebeanscoffee.com.
They have lots of choices - personally I love the Honduras and the evening storm espresso. Good luck

Sir_Dydimus

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Unless you are buying green coffee beans you should look for a local roaster. You will get fresher beans, you will establish a relationship with a roaster who may be able to suggest blends and orgins you hadn't tried, and you will help out your local economy by supporting a local business.

More shameless self promotion -- hope that's ok!

At The Coffee Store on Maui, Hawaii, we are a small-batch roaster and roast everything to order. We then pack it in high-quality bags with one-way valves to maintain maximum freshness. Of course, we specialize in 100% Kona and 100% Hawaiian coffee, but also offer coffees from around the world.

Visit us at http://www.mauicoffee.com. Thanks!

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
It's fine to tout your own brand, but url dropping, outside of the Business To Business section is frowned upon. New members seeing blatant url dropping in this forum would inevitably abuse that privilege.

Having your url in your profile is an effective way of allowing readers easy access to your website. It will be accessible by way of the little button under your name, with every post you make.

Here is the link to TheCoffeeStore's website:
http://www.mauicoffee.com

Edit: Ha, I see that a lot of members have gotten their urls posted already, so I'll put yours back into your post.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
User Control Panel-----> Profile-----> Website

There, you can also edit your signature, which will appear under every post you make. Say something about you or your business, just not any urls.

Mine currently reads - Coffee... It's what's for breakfast.

covenantroasters

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I would like to give you one more suggestion. My husband and I have been roasting beans for a couple of months now and have had great feedback. We send out fresh roasted coffee that has been roasted at the highest point of flavor of that particular type of bean.

We do offer different kinds of roasts, but for the most part, the best flavor is usually right before a dark roast. We have a small selection right now, but a GREAT START-UP sale going on and I would highly recommend you try us out!

www.covenantroasters.com

Thanks for asking!
Marge

covenantroasters

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I would like to give you one more suggestion. My husband and I have been roasting beans for a couple of months now and have had great feedback. We send out fresh roasted coffee that has been roasted at the highest point of flavor of that particular type of bean.

We do offer different kinds of roasts, but for the most part, the best flavor is usually right before a dark roast. We have a small selection right now, but a GREAT START-UP sale going on and I would highly recommend you try us out!

www.covenantroasters.com

Thanks for asking!
Marge

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Marge,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums. You'll find lots of useful information here.

I'm curious about something. You said that you and your husband have been roasting beans for a couple of months, and I see that you have a web site where you sell roasted coffee. Did you have to get an inspection and permits from your local health department in order to roast coffee and sell it to the public on line?

Rose