Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reason to cut caffeine

This is a discussion on Reason to cut caffeine within the Caffeine Health forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I drink way too much coffee (Italian mocha machine) and have been looking for a proven health reason to cut back. If I find a ...

Reason to cut caffeine

I drink way too much coffee (Italian mocha machine) and have been looking for a proven health reason to cut back. If I find a reason I will have no problem cutting back. If I dont find a reason, I will not cut back - I like to too much.
    The only definite reason I have found to cut back is that it causes bad breath - which I hope i don't have-. People talk about heart risks, but the doc says my heart is very good. Does anyone know a real long term side-effect of too much coffee/caffeine?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCoffeeLocator where anyone, anywhere in the world, can sell their coffee to anyone, anywhere in the world

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    Hello "TheCoffeeLocator"

It seems like you're looking for a reason to cut back on your caffeine.

If your doctor hasn't told you to cut back, and if you're heart is okay and you're not jittery, you're probably okay.

And if you're not dehydrated, and if you're not having urinary track problems, blood glucose problems, or heart issues, etc., you're probably okay.

When the time comes for you to want (or need) to cut back on your caffeine intake, you'll know it.

Rose

I thought coffee was good for losing weight(when you drink black) and help with migraine.....

I have been jittery in the past.
    Yes I would just like to cut down - I have about 6 mochas (each mocha 3 espresso size cups) a day. All my friends are horrified!
    If I can find a good reason to, I have no problem doing it... but I have not found one!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCoffeeLocator where anyone, anywhere in the world, can sell their coffee to anyone, anywhere in the world

Yoi
    I have too much coffee too recently. And I felt sleepy all day.......don't know Y....

I met someone who falls asleep when they drink too much. Backwards

Plenty of reasons actually. First of all, have you ever had too much? It's like a sugar high and when you crash, you feel terrible.

1) Jitters. Your nervous system gets too much caffeine at once and causes anxiety and an inability to focus (your thoughts and attention dance around constantly).
    2) It's a chemical stimulant, albeit a natural one, that affects people in different ways. Some people simply can not handle the effects resulting in extreme versions of the above
    3) Though helpful with weight loss, it increases metabolism. An over abundance can actually be bad for you during heightened periods of activity (running for example).
    4) It can increase the amount of calcium being passed through the urine
    5) It is acidic (pH level wise) and can possibly be harmful to liver, kidneys, etc over time

I'm no doctor, but those are some of the reasons listed. Check with a medical professional if you think caffeine is affecting you adversely. Personally, it causes my TMJ (a jaw condition) to overreact sometimes which results in increased pain and tension. I'll take that over cubicle work and the various side effects of being hunched over a desk all day though.

Thanks aroaster83 The calcium bit might work for me as jitters etc dont seem to have effect (probably so used to it)! I will look into it.

Caffeine is not good for health. It motivates the flow of stress hormones, which can produce increased levels of anxiety, insomnia and decreased immunity. Increased levels of stress can keep you from making healthy reactions to normal daily stress.

A specific amount of caffeine is okay on daily basis but going over the top can cause side effects.
    It can not really help nutritionally when it comes to muscles but has other benefits.
    Last edited by adleycain; 03-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    URL in signature to a non-coffee website was removed by moderator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads