Reason to cut caffeine

cafeaulait

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
As long as you're eating right and exercising, you're probably ok. I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day, but I also eat plenty of greens and run a good 3 miles after work.

DopeNABox

May 16, 2014
Gainesville, Florida
Visit site
Something I've had to deal with recently, because of my caffeine intake, that has caused me to have to drink less caffeinated coffee as well as less coffee in general is the fact that the caffeine can increase heart rate, which is fine if you are doing something that would benefit from an increased blood flow throughout your body, but if you aren't doing anything physical(or even just standing/walking) then your caffeine intake should be limited to below 200mg per day. 200mg per day is the recommended amount of caffeine, though there are quite a bit of people who go far over that(me included when I'm working) but so long as you stay properly hydrated and exercise it isn't going to be quite as large of a problem! Now down to what I was going to add to this conversation in the first place! Caffeine can increase heart rate, which would increase the need for taking breaths(but if you aren't doing anything physical this can be uncomfortable) as well as the fact that caffeine can cause your stress hormones to be released without a physical/mental need for the hormones, as well as greatly increase anxiety levels(which can cause increased health problems on its own). Not only that, but if you drink coffee a lot throughout the day, they say that it is best to drink less caffeinated coffees, such as dark roast coffees or half caff or even decaf at the rate of about 1 6-8oz cup per 6 hours of the day(meaning up to 4 cups a day). If you are only drinking coffee because you enjoy the taste, then try finding some type of coffee that has low caffeine but you still enjoy. I enjoy decaf espresso, even though it is much less flavorful than regular espresso, but because of the breathing problems that having a high caffeine level have given me, I had to learn to like the less caffeinated options, as well as find something that is equally as delicious, but without the overwhelming amount of caffeine. I would never be able to survive without coffee, and I don't expect you to either! I hope this response has helped in any way shape or form that it could, and I hope that even if you don't cut back on caffeine that your body will continue to function normally regardless :)

nackyy20

May 20, 2014
Visit site
small amount of coffee equal to small amount of caffeine,as caffeine is responsible for increasing heart rate, body temperature & blood sugar.we should always avoid more intake of coffee

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKillingJoke

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Coffee and caffeine aren't bad till they harm you. Most people don't get/feel anything. But don't forget to take a break if you feel you're getting addicted.

And as a rule of thumb never drink more than 3-6 coffees a day.

coffeepercolator1

Jul 11, 2014
India
Visit site
Caffeine keeps your brain from saying I'm tired. When the brain is tired it releases a chemical. What caffeine does is that it prevents that chemical.
That's why when you drink coffee you get kind of pumped up.
But too much coffee your brain will stay active all the time.
That's bad very bad so cut the caffeine.

chrisyx21

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
A specific amount of caffeine is okay on daily basis but going over the top can cause side effects.
It can not really help nutritionally when it comes to muscles but has other benefits.

I agree with you adleycain, coffee can't help nutrition wise but drinking it in moderation a day is okay for you and won't hurt. Recently at work we got this new coffee called Tylers Coffee and it's organic/acid free, so if you love organic products it's a plus. Here's a link if you want to check it out... Tylers Organic Acid Free Coffee | Regular & Decaf

LeighAnne

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The ONLY reason i must cut out caffeine is due to my pregnancy, but as soon as this baby is born i am back on my normal coffee, DECAF coffee just feels and taste WRONG!.

TheCoffeeMan

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Yup, remember everything needs to be taken in moderation. Try and cut it out a few hours before going to bed for sure for more reasons that just insomnia.

armorm2

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
The ONLY reason i must cut out caffeine is due to my pregnancy, but as soon as this baby is born i am back on my normal coffee, DECAF coffee just feels and taste WRONG!.

There ya go. That's a reason to cut the caffeine. My wife did the same and she hated it lol :decaf:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Here's my line, and I'm sticking to it; decaf stains your teeth for nuthin'!

I never thought about it that way. Decaf coffee tastes lousy, it has no kick to it, and it stains your teeth too.

Another way to describe decaf coffee is "why bother?" You may as well just drink coffee-flavored water.

I feel sorry for people who are forced to switch to decaf, for whatever the reason. The only good thing is that if they can go back to drinking regular coffee, they'll get an enhanced caffeine kick the first few times and they'll enjoy the taste it immensely.

It's something to look forward to.