Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yes Topher, I am.
    While I go through enough coffee to feel like I need professional roasting equipment , I am indeed a home hobbyist. I/We run though about 50-100 lbs a year... I have since read more of your posts elsewhere and see that you order in great quantities...

I have been buying around 20-25 lbs. each quarter trying to find a bean I really like. I feel I'm paying too much. (Last lot was bought at baldmountaincoffee.com and I paid about $4.69 per pd. shipped for 20 lbs.

I have so far found best prices at...

mccauleycoffee.com
    Colombian Supremo Tula (green)
    $2.53 per lb. for 12 lbs. or more
    $3.24 per lb. shipped for 24 lbs.

ccmcoffee.com
    Colombian Supremo (Popayan), (Bucaramanga), or (Huila)
    $2.65 per lb. for 25 lbs.
    $3.10 per lb. shipped for 25 lbs.

You also mentioned a few posts above this that you had a friend in NOLA that would sell far cheaper one bag at a time or split bags. This was quite some time ago but do you know if she still will and for what price? I am in Dallas and may be able to save some on shipping from NOLA too.

If you or anyone else knows of better pricing for 20-50 lb. orders, any help would be great.

thanks in advance,

Super Moderator
    Is there any local commercial roasters? If there is...contact them. Maybe they can hook you up. I used to sell to 3 different home roasters in Biloxi. I only charged somewhere around a dime over cost per pound. I am not sure if my buddy sells split bags...only 132lbs and 150....good luck
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Green Beans

I've heard only good things about both Sweet Marias and U-Roast-Em (www.u-roast-em.com) who both offers green beans. Only tried beans from U-Roast-Em, they know their stuff.

Good idea, I live in a small town and remember purchasing a few pounds from a small roaster in a small shop in our downtown square about 2 miles away. Since it is really such a small ma-pop shop, I was actually thinking about going down and talking to them about my fascination with roasting and seeing of they’d mind letting me watch them when they’re roasting. And hopefully teach me a few blending / roasting techniques. It's always interested me.

Separately, I figure if let him know what I'm about to pay "including shipping (a good part of the price)", he might be interested in beating the price... and may even offer advise to a newbie bean buyer on which ones are better than others.

In the meantime, I am half done worth the initial 30 x 1 lb. samples from around the world and have mostly found I’ve not liked most of the African beans and only some of the Asian beans... On the other hand, I'm like almost all the South & Central American beans. Kona was nice but I like a darker roast.

I did find 10 lbs. of Brazilian Cachoeira Estate Coffee. 100% Arabica. 2/3 Screen 16/18. for $15.50. $2.35 lb. (shipped) from carmocoffee.com This should give me a few weeks to learn what kind of bean is best for me and see if I the sites I found above could be beat should I not find them local.

again, thanks for the suggestion...

As Topher mentioned, it may be best to purchase from a local roaster. Brokers don't like to work with you if you are not a commercial roaster. There are sites like Sweet Marias, and they may be your best bet when purchasing small amounts. Yes they may be high, but at least you have an opportunity to purchase what you want. And yeah Topher, the $%&@ greens continue to raise
    "A Word of Difference"TM

Super Moderator
    no doubt...Brazil quote today...$1.15
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

check out www.coffeeholding.com and you can inquire about whole sale coffee beans from all over the world.

I've purchased green beans from the following places:

1) Caracolillo Coffee Mill
    http://www.ccmcoffee.com/

2) The Captain's Coffee
    http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/

3) Pony Expresso
    http://pony.zoovy.com/category/coffeebl ... edivision/

4) Bald Mountain Coffee Company
    http://www.baldmountaincoffee.com/

All provide reasonable prices for the home roaster. I typically order about 4-6 lbs at a time. Latest order was with Bald for Peruvian, Costa Rica, and Timor beans.

I have only tried two sources so far.....Sweet Marias, which has been mentioned several times and a place called Coffee Bean Corral.
    http://www.coffeebeancorral.com

I've enjoyed dealing with both sources.

Hey try the Green Coffee Beans Australia , They are best in quality and reduce weight. It's made up of pure coffee beans and had no any kind of side effect. You can buy it anywhere from Australia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links