Quality green coffee beans

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Okay I'm chiming in on this one... :roll: I also buy from Atlas here in Washington. I also have a number of other brokers nationally I deal with in case of shortages or out of stocks. Yeah 1.95 is pretty high. I purchase in larger quanities through contacts. NW are you spot buying? And if so in whole or split bags?

As for ajuelfs, Although Sweet Maria would probably be your best choice for selection. They are a bit high, but if you're only roasting small amounts, they are probably your best choice.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Ummm...NW I was just playing....I mean he will be able to sell it to you at $1.85 delivered...but I was wrong about him storing coffee in Washington..he stopped but he could sell it to you at that price out of NOLA...so if he can sell it to you with shipping coming from New Orleans at $1.85 there is a problem. are you buying at one bag at a time or split bags...even at a bag at a time you shouldn't be paying over $1.50 for Supremo...when I asked a friend about small quantities I think she said $1.35..oh well just my .02 drop me an email if I can help. :wink:

Thanks guys, and really I'm just getting started and I'm moving away from monster coffee, to my own blends. I don't have the $$$ at this time to buy more than on spot and split bags. :( So I guess I'm stuck paying for low volume? Anyway thanks a lot guys.

P.S. I might be sarcastic alot, but never joke about MONEY or Quality.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
ummmm.....are you a home roaster? They only deal with comercial roasters...as to the price...market sort of went up recently...it was up nickle yesterday alone...damn these prices need to come down. :shock:

crayf

Yes Topher, I am.
While I go through enough coffee to feel like I need professional roasting equipment :roll:, I am indeed a home hobbyist. I/We run though about 50-100 lbs a year... I have since read more of your posts elsewhere and see that you order in great quantities...

I have been buying around 20-25 lbs. each quarter trying to find a bean I really like. I feel I'm paying too much. (Last lot was bought at baldmountaincoffee.com and I paid about $4.69 per pd. shipped for 20 lbs.

I have so far found best prices at...

mccauleycoffee.com
Colombian Supremo Tula (green)
$2.53 per lb. for 12 lbs. or more
$3.24 per lb. shipped for 24 lbs.

ccmcoffee.com
Colombian Supremo (Popayan), (Bucaramanga), or (Huila)
$2.65 per lb. for 25 lbs.
$3.10 per lb. shipped for 25 lbs.

You also mentioned a few posts above this that you had a friend in NOLA that would sell far cheaper one bag at a time or split bags. This was quite some time ago but do you know if she still will and for what price? I am in Dallas and may be able to save some on shipping from NOLA too.

If you or anyone else knows of better pricing for 20-50 lb. orders, any help would be great.

thanks in advance,

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Is there any local commercial roasters? If there is...contact them. Maybe they can hook you up. I used to sell to 3 different home roasters in Biloxi. I only charged somewhere around a dime over cost per pound. I am not sure if my buddy sells split bags...only 132lbs and 150....good luck :wink:

crayf

Good idea, I live in a small town and remember purchasing a few pounds from a small roaster in a small shop in our downtown square about 2 miles away. Since it is really such a small ma-pop shop, I was actually thinking about going down and talking to them about my fascination with roasting and seeing of they’d mind letting me watch them when they’re roasting. And hopefully teach me a few blending / roasting techniques. It's always interested me.

Separately, I figure if let him know what I'm about to pay "including shipping (a good part of the price)", he might be interested in beating the price... and may even offer advise to a newbie bean buyer on which ones are better than others.

In the meantime, I am half done worth the initial 30 x 1 lb. samples from around the world and have mostly found I’ve not liked most of the African beans and only some of the Asian beans... On the other hand, I'm like almost all the South & Central American beans. Kona was nice but I like a darker roast.

I did find 10 lbs. of Brazilian Cachoeira Estate Coffee. 100% Arabica. 2/3 Screen 16/18. for $15.50. $2.35 lb. (shipped) from carmocoffee.com This should give me a few weeks to learn what kind of bean is best for me and see if I the sites I found above could be beat should I not find them local.

again, thanks for the suggestion...

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
As Topher mentioned, it may be best to purchase from a local roaster. Brokers don't like to work with you if you are not a commercial roaster. There are sites like Sweet Marias, and they may be your best bet when purchasing small amounts. Yes they may be high, but at least you have an opportunity to purchase what you want. And yeah Topher, the $%&@ greens continue to raise 8)

cjpeltz

May 7, 2005
Visit site

GreenCoffeeBeans

Dec 8, 2014
Brisbane
Visit site
Hey try the Green Coffee Beans Australia , They are best in quality and reduce weight. It's made up of pure coffee beans and had no any kind of side effect. You can buy it anywhere from Australia.