Searching for good coffees

Alby

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I was a Gevalia customer for about 25 years, receiving and enjoying their exclusive, limited edition beans from around the world. Then Kraft Foods bought them out and down the tubes they went; they hardly even carry whole bean coffee any more! I am searching for good quality light medium roast coffees that have flavor. So far my search has been pretty futile. I did receive a Guatemala Antigua from Coffee AM that was pretty nice and two others that were so, so.

Has anybody else had the same experience with Gevalia and where have you found comparable coffees?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
if you are searching for some good coffee, please avoid any big known companies. they can not sell fast enough to make coffee fresh, as far as roasting date is concerned. and they do not roast Light-Medium in most cases. Including Coffee AM.

for general consumers, the most important thing that they have to consider is "how recently the coffee (new crop, before 15 month for green coffee beans) is roasted".
someone told me 15 rules.
green coffee is fresh for 15 month (from the time of harvest)
Roasted coffee is fresh for 15 days from the time of roast
Ground coffee is fresh for 15 minutes.

so, better to look for local roasters or contact some of our forum roasters and ask for their recommendation.
it worked very well for me. Normally, I buy from forum roasters.
I will PM who to contact now.
thanks

Nate154

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
if you are searching for some good coffee, please avoid any big known companies. they can not sell fast enough to make coffee fresh, as far as roasting date is concerned. and they do not roast Light-Medium in most cases. Including Coffee AM.

for general consumers, the most important thing that they have to consider is "how recently the coffee (new crop, before 15 month for green coffee beans) is roasted".
someone told me 15 rules.
green coffee is fresh for 15 month (from the time of harvest)
Roasted coffee is fresh for 15 days from the time of roast
Ground coffee is fresh for 15 minutes.

so, better to look for local roasters or contact some of our forum roasters and ask for their recommendation.
it worked very well for me. Normally, I buy from forum roasters.
I will PM who to contact now.
thanks
Can you pm me some of the forum roasters? Thanks.