Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Best Brewer

I like the Bunn BTX brewer, the water temp is right, the sprayhead is excellent, short brew time and has a carafe

I'll put my vote in for my Krups MokaBrew.

Yes, when done correctly, Percolators are great! I agree! I use a small disk filter in the bottom of the basket so less grinds get into the coffee....preserving the pot a bit longer.

I didn't realize all auto drip units had plastic inner parts.

I use a manual drip at times but I need a thermal carafe because the coffee cools too fast. Maybe a warming plate....but them the coffee will get bitter. Hmmm

klv
    So what did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by richedie
    Yes, when done correctly, Percolators are great! I agree! I use a small disk filter in the bottom of the basket so less grinds get into the coffee....preserving the pot a bit longer.
    I wonder about that. Not saying you're wrong . . . I just wonder. Take a look at this thread, (which no one has responded to), and see what you think. We have a nice Melitta percolator, and it doesn't make as good a coffee as our Mr. Coffee auto-drip. (btw - Thats "Melitta", the brand, not Melitta, the style.)

I'd really like to hear folks views on this, as I was surprised by our "test".

Since writing this I started roasting my own coffee and primarily make espresso, moka pot coffe and brikka coffee. Once in a while I make manual drip (melitta) with a fine grind, and sometimes french press. I can't seem to get vac pot coffee right.

Best Coffee Maker

I'd say it's either the Bunn or a Saeco coffee maker. I saw them at www.thecoffeebrewers.com - Remember though, you get what you pay for (i.e. if you don't spend any money (only $20) you get a piece of junk - if you spend a little bit more money ($100 or so) you get good quality - and these makers are built to last - anyway good luck to you!

Best Coffee Maker

Now this is kind like discussing motor oil or religion, but let me put in my two cents. I have at least 6 different coffee makers hidden in cupboards at home. The one I use most often is a Bosch with a carafe. I really enjoy the coffee and the glass caraf does not alter the taste of the coffee, something that a stainless steel caraf does, in my humble opinion.

Now that being said, whenever I entertain, I bring out the Bodum Santos. This vacuum pot truly produces a delicious cup of coffee, and it's so much fun to watch. My only complaint was it required much more coffee to get the same taste, which is why I continued to search. Give the Bosch a try.

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Not Bunn

God I have been away from bunn for so long.. I can't believe what I got after replacing my Cuisinart Brew Central. I can't believe this brew temperature is even close to 200 degrees. I doubted it so much that I got another bunn...Well anyway these coffee makers other than speed DO NOT COMPARE to the likes of Capresso, or Cuisinart...If you have never owned a Cuisinart, or a Capresso then you have no idea of the difference...My vote for best coffee maker drip style goes to cuisinart brew central,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links