Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vario offers good grind quality and versatility according to most, but I question all the plastic used in it. I want something that will hold up for years and I wouldn't spend that much on a paperweight. It's a good thing Baratza offers such great customer service because when you buy one of their products, it's not a matter of IF it will give out on you, but WHEN.

what is the minimum cost to get a second hand espresson grinder

A good used espresso specific grinder can be had for as low as $200 if you know what/where to look for. Most just need a good cleaning and new burrs.

Cool Talking to himself?

Perhaps he was councling with his own will? Talking out-loud, so people do this all the time, not a sign of anything and that is "sign", not "sing".

Got a migrane this morning, so stay clear of me, or I'll pull out both barrels. However, I am also looking for a good all purpose grinder for both pressed and drip. I added a Dutch Mochamaster Techno, yeah that one, to my collection. Now I got the one touch Gaggia and the drip maker.

What grinder do you recommend for both, good compromise?

Also I get my Columbia beans from Mocha Joes. I like the lighter beans, not the darker ones. Also besides Mocha Joes having good tasting coffee from these beans, they are also non oily, which is good for the Gaggia. It's a no-no to use oily beans, might negate the warranty. Whole Latte Love says DON'T do it! Ok, so that's cool with me.

Give me some great beans online anyone? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Bruce

ps-Yes cranky today, someone stole five cases of oil out of my garage. So make me happy again!

Quote Originally Posted by riposa View Post
    Perhaps he was councling with his own will? Talking out-loud, so people do this all the time, not a sign of anything and that is "sign", not "sing".

Got a migrane this morning, so stay clear of me, or I'll pull out both barrels. However, I am also looking for a good all purpose grinder for both pressed and drip. I added a Dutch Mochamaster Techno, yeah that one, to my collection. Now I got the one touch Gaggia and the drip maker.

What grinder do you recommend for both, good compromise?

Also I get my Columbia beans from Mocha Joes. I like the lighter beans, not the darker ones. Also besides Mocha Joes having good tasting coffee from these beans, they are also non oily, which is good for the Gaggia. It's a no-no to use oily beans, might negate the warranty. Whole Latte Love says DON'T do it! Ok, so that's cool with me.

Give me some great beans online anyone? Anyone?

Thanks,
    Bruce

ps-Yes cranky today, someone stole five cases of oil out of my garage. So make me happy again!

Stay clear or you'll pull out both barrels? Wish I was your neighbor because at the end of the day you'd be crying and ready to move! Oily beans are usually caused by being roasted to darker levels or being stale. I wouldn't pay any mind to WLL on voiding a warranty as they don't seem to know alot about anything IMO and they're just covering their butts anyway. If proper care/maintenance is observed no damage will occur in any grinder due to oils.

There are lots of great coffees to be had. Online offers tons of possibilities. I suggest trying to find a roaster local to you just to see what's out there and supporting local is a good thing as well. Also, what you choose depends on your likes and brew method(s).

For the stolen oil.... lock your garage!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Researching so say in the 100-200 range... what exactly should you be looking for in a grinder primarily for espresso? thanks

I know this one was mentioned quite a few times online and in this thread: http://www.brevilleusa.com/coffee/th...t-grinder.html
    Last edited by Surfer; 07-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.

For espresso... grind quality/consistency is what your primary objective(s) should be. Pretty much any grinder will grind fine enough for espresso, but that is far from being the most important factor in the equation. You want consistency in particle size and not alot of variation (dust and chunks). Also of importance is stepless configuration. You can make due with a stepped adjustment, but stepless is desired for fine tuning.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    For espresso... grind quality/consistency is what your primary objective(s) should be. Pretty much any grinder will grind fine enough for espresso, but that is far from being the most important factor in the equation. You want consistency in particle size and not alot of variation (dust and chunks). Also of importance is stepless configuration. You can make due with a stepped adjustment, but stepless is desired for fine tuning.
    what are your thoughts on this Breville --->http://www.brevilleusa.com/coffee/th...t-grinder.html

The Smart Grinder seems like a good option and it does have quite the following on some forums. Some have had to tinker with shims to give finer grinding capability, but it seems like a good option for your price range. Breville has learned alot over the years and is now bringing out products that rival some bigger names.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    The Smart Grinder seems like a good option and it does have quite the following on some forums. Some have had to tinker with shims to give finer grinding capability, but it seems like a good option for your price range. Breville has learned alot over the years and is now bringing out products that rival some bigger names.
    Other than the Smart Grinder, can you think of any others I should look into as well in that range or even a little more in cost? thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links