Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kopi Luwak :)

This is a discussion on Kopi Luwak :) within the Coffee Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I tried it in Sumatra and it was ordinary. We started to create a list of sellers of genuine (authentic/ ethical type), but they are ...

I tried it in Sumatra and it was ordinary. We started to create a list of sellers of genuine (authentic/ ethical type), but they are not easy to find.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCoffeeLocator where anyone, anywhere in the world, can sell their coffee to anyone, anywhere in the world

2. # ADS

I also asked few people who are in the business and they said the same. Its because as the demand grew, supply could not catch up with demand. Therefore temptation of making fake is just out of site....

I tried it last year at a coffee farm in Bali. They had the cats (luwak) there and various beans with a guy roasting them. The theory is that the cats have a superb sense of smell and will only eat the best coffee cherries. They then pass out the undigested "bean" and the farmers pick these up off the ground. So it is literally cat poo.
    Last edited by exscalable; 04-30-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    Moderator removed an advertising URL from his signature.

I have never had the pleasure of tasting Kopi Luwak, as stated previously, I will need to get past its creation first. If I recall, isn't this coffee discussed by Jack Nicholson with Morgan Freeman in the film "Bucket List?"

Super Moderator
    Yes, it was the featured coffee on "The Bucket List." I was impressed with the coffee maker that they used in the movie.

I would never try Kopi Luwak on purpose.

Someone would have to trick me into drinking it and then tell me afterwards....like a few days afterwards, so I won't be barfing immediately.

Even though I know the roasting process takes care of it, I still would imagine injesting all sorts of germs that I would rather do without. After all, the green beans are probably loaded with them, and then the person roasting the beans handles the bags of beans, and then probably transfers the germs to everything in his shop. I'm sure this happens with other green beans, but I imagine handling those beans is asking for trouble.

I just got over a wicked stomach virus that knocked me out of work for a few days.... I guess I'm a but over-cautious and over-thinking the whole thing.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Yes, it was the featured coffee on "The Bucket List." I was impressed with the coffee maker that they used in the movie.

I would never try Kopi Luwak on purpose.

Someone would have to trick me into drinking it and then tell me afterwards....like a few days afterwards, so I won't be barfing immediately.

Even though I know the roasting process takes care of it, I still would imagine injesting all sorts of germs that I would rather do without. After all, the green beans are probably loaded with them, and then the person roasting the beans handles the bags of beans, and then probably transfers the germs to everything in his shop. I'm sure this happens with other green beans, but I imagine handling those beans is asking for trouble.

I just got over a wicked stomach virus that knocked me out of work for a few days.... I guess I'm a but over-cautious and over-thinking the whole thing.

Rose

Rose,

Yes you are. I have tried few time and never those thoughts occur to me.
    I do understand your concerns but if we did over analyze everything in that manor, we have to think about all the things can happen to all the meat product.

There are many things in the world we eat and don't know where they come from.

Most of the red food coloring comes from the bugs in africa. Coolade, punch, meat coloring, so on and so forth use bug juice.
    Hot dogs. Do i need to explain?
    Duck liver
    Baby Pork (they slaughter preggo pork and take the unborn and cook those in Europe)
    Veal
    and more.

So little bit of a** crumb won't hurt anyone...

Did I make anyone sick yet???????

Cheers!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CoffeeJunky; 05-03-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Super Moderator
    I can't imagine ever wanting to try Kopi Luwak coffee. But it's nice that so many people have, and they like it.

Just want to emphasize that if you think Kopi Luwak is the best for anybody, then it’s your preference. Drink at your satisfaction. You can’t buy happiness as such no one can say you are drinking extravagance coffee but rather a treasured coffee in your life.

Hi all,

we can still find some growers who pick the wild luwak coffee bean.. But you have to be more careful in selecting the growers..

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJunky View Post
    I have found out many of the Kopi Luwak coffee is fake in the market.
    Even the one who sells legitimate KOpi Luwak sells fake ones.
    Its not easy to make 200 pounds of these coffee and i heard they use their own method to duplicate the process and I doubt you want to know what that is.....
    I am sure real Kopi Luwak is great and lovely to try but the cost is way expensive to get fake.
    I can't agree more with you, CoffeeJunky. Most of the e-stores sell duplicate Kopi Luwak. As we know already that Kopi Luwak's production is scarcely low, so in order to meet the demand, they use some amount of cheap coffee beans and mix them with Kopi Luwak. That impurity degrades the overall quality of Kopi Luwak. I never recommend people to buy Kopi Luwak from just any store. My first impression of tasting Kopi Luwak is on my previous thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads