Addicting

Hmmm, right, thanks for sharing this. My stand is that I do not believe wikipedia, simply because it is perhaps the most unreliable source of information on the internet and anybody can "edit" it anytime, which leaves no reason that we should or we can trust it.Yes, there will be a definite anarchy in case any government bans it, but before doing that, governments should ban the much more damaging and hazardous things such as cigarettes, drugs, heroine and so on and so forth.....:coffee:
The government should not ban these things as it simply creates a black market. I do not use drugs but who are they to tell me what I can and can't do. Give the few power and the many will surely suffer. In the US marijuana is a class one drug. What a joke. What a joke that also after going into Afghanistan the heroin production went from 5-10% of world production to over 90%. I'm sure plenty is flying out on military planes. Yet they kick in your door (80k no knock invasions pa) shoot your dog and arrest you for smoking weed. Half the US prison population is in their for Marijuanna offenses. Good excuse for access and to terrorise the public. Off topic I know :)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The government should not ban these things as it simply creates a black market. I do not use drugs but who are they to tell me what I can and can't do. Give the few power and the many will surely suffer. In the US marijuana is a class one drug. What a joke. What a joke that also after going into Afghanistan the heroin production went from 5-10% of world production to over 90%. I'm sure plenty is flying out on military planes. Yet they kick in your door (80k no knock invasions pa) shoot your dog and arrest you for smoking weed. Half the US prison population is in their for Marijuanna offenses. Good excuse for access and to terrorise the public. Off topic I know :)

Well the day they take my coffee, if the day they are going to need to do a LOT of cleanup. The first thing to happen would be to gather all the best coffee warriors out of Columbia and the rest of Central America, and defend the bean. Then stage two we would declare war on the people who say non-fat creamers be standard, stage 3 we would take back sugar and stage 4 we would finally be free to drink coffee again :D

Vive El COFFEE!

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Viva la revolucion!

Which one of the thousands eldub lol...

Of course, I am much more peaceful once I have had my coffee... If there was something worth fighting for, it would be the right to have that steaming cup in the morning so you can face your day. You know coffee has been the provocation of some revolutions lol.. Like the Boston Tea Party, it really wasn't about the taxes lol, it was about the taxes on coffee and trying to force people to drink tea lol ;)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
"What are you protesting?"

"What do you got?" - James Dean

LOL... Yeah. True enough.. I think as long as they kept the coffee flowing any reason would be a good reason :D

Good cup of coffee brings people together, whatever the cause. Why do you think they always give coffee at political rallies and debates? You gotta have SOME reason to stick around lol.. Once the coffee runs out, it's "oh my look at the time... I left a pie in the oven..." "You don't bake"... "Oh my I forgot to remind the wife to put the pie in the oven..." "She doesn't bake..." "Oh my, I forgot to take my wife to her cooking lessons.." LOL :D

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I think we were talking about the coffee being addicted or not, in this thread, lol...........

Very True LOL... Sorry...

Anyway... Back to the subject of coffee being addicting... Talking about it is addicting LOL..

OK, but seriously now.

Caffeine can be addictive:

Here's a pretty decent article on the topic:

Caffeine Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Is caffeine addictive? on MedicineNet

Now, this doesn't mean that it's bad for you.. Everything in moderation as you have said before :)

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing such a nice article. Yeah, I actually believe that coffee is itself NOT addicting, however one can make it addicting for himself/herself. If consumed in moderate amounts, it is just GOOD for health.
:coffeemug:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Very true. Coffee can be good for the mental state of someone too. Although it seems contrary, studies have shown that a cup of coffee in the morning in some cases can actually help to relax someone. And caffeine, although I personally do not agree with this, has been said to help in small doses to alleviate anxiety, however in higher doses obviously doesn't do a bit of good for anxiety...

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you are right.
Coffee is indeed good for the mental state of an individual especially that morning coffee mug gives a smooth start to the day.
About that caffeine, oh that was something new information for me where you mentioned that in small doses, it can reduce anxiety. I wonder if it has been scientifically evident or not. Thanks for sharing such information; that is in fact the most beautiful part of this forum where you share, what you know, with others and learn whatever they know from them.
I was wondering if I am able to conduct a small research study on the effects of caffeine on human health because it will be a nice way to scientifically know what exactly it does to human health !
:star: