Beans at Whole Foods Market

Sir rcsharpless , hello first of all , as a new member to this great Forum , and with all due respect I would like to ask you if it would be too difficult to sell our green coffee beans in the U.S. as to my wifes family own their coffee plantation in Colombia. I just found out last year. We also drum roast small quantities here , ground or whole bean which we take back to the U.S. Would you have any guidence as to what we can do to to get our product into the U.S.and perhaps sell our product under our own label.I am in Colombia at this time.

Bohan

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently went to Whole Foods and bought my first whole beans and my first light roast. Less than 1/4 lb, just to experiment. I think it was their breakfast blend. I don't know enough to write a good review, but I like the selection and the convenience of buying in a supermarket and I'll be back to experiment more. I wasn't sure how much of an aficionado you have to be to care about the difference in taste between light and medium roast, but now I know you don't have to be one. Huge difference. I ground it coarsely with a mortar and pestle and brewed it light with the pour over method. It tasted and smelled moderately yucky, yet I detected no bitterness, so I'm going to try blending it with my other coffee which is a medium roast that tastes too bitter.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently went to Whole Foods and bought my first whole beans and my first light roast. Less than 1/4 lb, just to experiment. I think it was their breakfast blend. I don't know enough to write a good review, but I like the selection and the convenience of buying in a supermarket and I'll be back to experiment more. I wasn't sure how much of an aficionado you have to be to care about the difference in taste between light and medium roast, but now I know you don't have to be one. Huge difference. I ground it coarsely with a mortar and pestle and brewed it light with the pour over method. It tasted and smelled moderately yucky, yet I detected no bitterness, so I'm going to try blending it with my other coffee which is a medium roast that tastes too bitter.

LOL With any luck, the yucky taste will over power that bitterness.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Personally I do not like their roasters. I feel that the coffee that it produces lacks body. I also do not think that all of their coffee is roasted on site. I believe that Allegro coffee roasters supplies a majority of their coffee.

Personally I have philosophical differences with Whole Foods Corporate management so I won't shop there.

angelenigma8

Jan 26, 2014
New York, NY
Visit site
Hey All, @rcsharpless I am a coffee producer in Honduras. How can I get my coffee sampled and potentially bought by either Allegro or WFM? I run a fair trade operation and am looking to sell my coffee directly wholesale to roasters. Thank you so much for your input! :) -Angelica