Cold Brew and ?

1982Coffee

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Cold brew from a tower has come out better in my shop than immersion style

in fact, until recently when I did a few immersion style tests I didnt realize that my 24 brew was over extracting

Heres what I did with Guatamalla Huehuetenago:

8oz of grinds + 4 1/2 cups of water, using a cotton bag

1 lb of grinds with 9 cups of water, using a cotton bag

1lb of grinds using the toddy

after 15 hours the half pound one was the smoothest and the other ones had this overly acidic, almost carbonated taste

Honestly, I dont understand why when I put in less grinds and water it was the smoothest

I probably should add that my roast for this wasnt the greatest yet. But ive been having this issue where I would steep 5 lbs of grinds at a time for anywhere between 16 and 24 hours, using different roasts, and the cold brew would come out as if it was carbonated and way too acidic. Even after I cut it with water

anyone have this issue?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I probably should add that my roast for this wasnt the greatest yet. But ive been having this issue where I would steep 5 lbs of grinds at a time for anywhere between 16 and 24 hours, using different roasts, and the cold brew would come out as if it was carbonated and way too acidic. Even after I cut it with water

anyone have this issue?

I personally find cold brew tastier soaked for few hours... I start tasting at about 12 hours and usually go no more than 16. Just one man's opinion.

Briana

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
How do you make ice coffee? I have no clue and i luv iced coffee but i dont know how to make it. i dont have a maker for it or anything so how do you make it???