Cold brew concentrate

ccooper

Aug 6, 2013
Oakland, CA
Visit site
Sorry for the promotion, it's unavoidable when trying to communicate what I have learned.

Funny you should mention Michael Sivetz. After I developed an early version of my process, I started looking around for who was making a good quality coffee concentrate. The only one I could find with a product as good as my own was Mr. Sivetz. So I spent a couple of days at his place in Corvallis where he showed me his process, and I bought the equipment from him. I never did assemble it...there is probably too much of the tinkerer in me. But I adapted some of the parts to my own process, and made enhancements based on the things I learned from him. He had the right ideas, and a good product, but there was difficulty in scaling up the procedure and equipment that he designed. It was inspirational spending time with him, and he told some great coffee stories.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a lot of respect for where he's been and what he's done in the coffee business...very few people have had as much impact in as diverse an array of areas as Mr. Sivitz. I had the opportunity to meet him when he was in Anaheim for the SCAA convention in 2001. I am intrigued to hear that your have developed your own process in conjunction with some of the things you learned from "the man". Are you currently selling your extract, or are you marketing the equipment...or both?? I got your PM with contact email...thanks for that. I'll send you a reply shortly.

Doug

ccooper

Aug 6, 2013
Oakland, CA
Visit site
I have been selling my bottled ready-to-drink iced coffee, Black Medicine, for nearly 2 years (at this writing) at my cafe in Oakland called Monkey Forest Road. It is now time to see if it will sell in a broader market, so I'm in the middle of a packaging redesign and moving to a larger facility. It should be on the market shortly. I have not sold the concentrate, but that will become part of the upcoming product line extension. I am not planning to sell the equipment, though I have occasionally thought about it.

I don't want to offend the audience of this forum, so if you want sales-related information, please send me a PM.