"Cold Brewed" -- A Film Noir for the Coffee Culture

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Wow! That was great! It looks like a whole lot of time and effort went into that episode.

I explored your website a little more, and I really liked the way you thanked everyone on this page:

http://cold-brewed.com/the-team/

It was also interesting to learn that you used chocolate syrup for the "blood" in the photos.

Nice job!

Rose

Last edited:

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Wow! That was great! It looks like a whole lot of time and effort went into that episode.

I explored your website a little more, and I really liked the way you thanked everyone on this page:

The Tale | Cold Brewed

It was also interesting to learn that you used chocolate syrup for the "blood" in the photos.

Nice job!

Rose

Thanks, Rose! Yeah, each episode took progressively more time as we went along. The finale alone took 8 hours, a generator, 7 shop lights, 6 actors... it got out of hand pretty quick.

I think you're referring to this page:

The Team | Cold Brewed

Yeah, we had a great group of people working together on this. Forgot about the chocolate syrup, but yeah, that fit perfect since that's the way the noir greats did it and... you know... coffee.

Thanks again!

-- Llot

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Lots of photos in this one.

Was it difficult for you all not to laugh as you were taking the photos dragging the guy out of the building? He didn't seem to be putting up much of a fight.

Is it your second favorite because of the content or because it was fun to do?

Rose

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Lots of photos in this one.

Was it difficult for you all not to laugh as you were taking the photos dragging the guy out of the building? He didn't seem to be putting up much of a fight.

Is it your second favorite because of the content or because it was fun to do?

Rose

Yeah, it was photo heavy, but I'm cool with that. There are some that are text-only.

There were funny moments during the shoot, but they came out of his wimpiness and their ridiculous sense of humor. Levi made it a point to make Caleb (Jett) laugh as often as possible so we had tons of moments where we regained composure. The hand is mine in the first few shots because the first time we attempted this shoot, Caleb flipped his car. It took more work than normal because of the barriers to getting it done, so I think I liked it for that.

As for Levi, he's just a funny guy that put a lot of work into this one, so I enjoyed working with him.

So "second favorite" because of the content-- I enjoy Milker. Maybe it's not as fun for everyone else, though. Today's episode will have a rougher exchange...

-- Llot.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Llot

Thanks for the segment updates.

In episode 6, when you wrote . . . . "You could say the board to the face was unexpected." You showed the guy coming at him with the board and swinging it. . . . I'm not sure how the blow to the face was unexpected. And when the guy started swinging again, was the crack to the back of the knee unexpected too? This episode lost me . . . later on, when I have time I'll take another look.

Rose

Lancelot

Apr 10, 2013
Joplin
Visit site
Hi Llot

Thanks for the segment updates.

In episode 6, when you wrote . . . . "You could say the board to the face was unexpected." You showed the guy coming at him with the board and swinging it. . . . I'm not sure how the blow to the face was unexpected. And when the guy started swinging again, was the crack to the back of the knee unexpected too? This episode lost me . . . later on, when I have time I'll take another look.

Rose

Eh, poor word choice on my part. I'm actually going back and reworking a lot of the text, so this helps. An update on that soon, but suffice to say I meant that Jett didn't expect that *in general* when he chose to walk down Muffs' alley and maybe even talk to Muffs. "part of the plan" fits better, especially in the context of the photos. Nice catch.

What else lost you? It was a weird attempt to have a silent character represent Mark's photos and a verbal character represent my words. Muffs gestures visually but doesn't talk. Jett talks, but we don't see him much in the conversation.

Might need more words to clarify? In any case this happened in the alley just outside Jett's apartment.

Love the feedback as you guys are kind of like Beta testers or something. I hope to keep refining it before we send it to a wider audience.

Thanks!

-- Llot

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Okay, now I understand why it seemed like a one-sided conversation. That totally lost me.

The board to the back of the knee was strange. Jett didn't even appear to try to defend himself. He was leaning in the opposite direction vs. where the board was headed.

Mr. (Ear) Muffs licking the ground was wierd too. What was that? Him staking his territory?

I hate to say it, but . . . . that segment kinda gets a thumbs down from me. Nice try, though.

Rose

Last edited: